nyctophilic. 11

"I won't even try to sugar coat this for you because it will hurt like an absolute bitch. This is going to be fun for us, aye Hyejin?" Yujin laughed as she had Jia sit in the middle of a huge pentagram sitting on the floor.

"This will be great." Hyejin snickered as she mixed different ingredients into a bowl. Smoke was emitting from the bowl as she stirred everything inside. Hyejin zapped the concoction with a blast of black magic. She waved the smoke away, a small bite sized cube sitting at the bottom of the bowl. "Alright Yujin, whenever you are ready." Hyejin spoke, taking the cube and walking towards the pentagram. Yujin set the candles into place, lighting them up before taking the cube from Hyejins hand.

"Open." Yujin instructed. Jia hesitantly opened her mouth. Yujin placed the cube in between her front teeth, closing Jias mouth to hold it in place. "When I say bite you are going to bite down on that and your inner demon is going to force its way to the surface." Yujin smiled menacingly. Jia was scared as anyone would be. Yujin stepped outside of the pentagram where Hyejin and Renjun were standing. "Bite." Yujin smirked. Jia took a deep breath and sunk her teeth into the cube. It felt like she took a hit off of a cigarette, black smoke infiltrating her throat and lungs. Jias eyes rolled back, the other three only being able to see the whites of her eyes. The smoke began flowing out of her mouth and floating up into her nose. It was as if someone shoved Jia to the ground, her hands slamming against the floor to hold herself up. She was on her hands and knees panting as waves of searing hot pain crashed onto her.

A large crack was heard, Jias back arching up as she let out her first ear piercing scream. It felt like someone was slicing her back open with a knife. She could practically feel the purity of the angelic blood draining out of her. The girls nails clawed into the floor, scratching claw marks into the wood like some sort of rabid animal. Both Hyejin and Yujin wore surprised faces at how powerful Jia was becoming. Renjun on the other hand was stood with his mouth slightly agape, never witnessing a ritual like this before. Jias face was hidden from their gazes, her hair covering her lowered head.

Suddenly enough, Jias fangs popped out and her eyes snapped open glowing neon red. She snapped her head in the direction of the three, snarling at them like an animal, her mouth opening and black smoke pouring out past her white fangs and onto the floor. "There she is." Hyejin smirked. "There is the real inner demon." Yujin sighed happily. "What's her demon name?" Renjun asked either of the twins, his eyes never leaving Jia. "Well I mean there's only one way to find out." Yujin laughed. Hyejin stepped forward towards the animalistic Jia. She squatted down, making eye contact with Jia, her eyes matching Jias red color.

"Tell me friend, what is your call?" She spoke lowly. Jia sat up straight, her back cracking into place and her wings blasting out. The perfectly fitted black and red wings flexed in the open air. "I... am.... Proserpine." The demon laughed, a slight growl in her voice. And with the blink of an eye, Nemesis was gone and Jia has returned to normal, falling down to the ground. She picked herself up, wobbling a bit before stably standing up. "What the hell just happened?" She asked.

The three were stood staring at Jia in utter shock, all of their jaws dropped. "Uh... did I miss something? My demon name is Proserpine what's the big deal?" Jia looked between the three awaiting a response. "Jia do you know what Proserpine means?" Renjun asked. "Uh, no? Should I?" She replied. "Yang Jia you are the queen of the fucking underworld." He said in almost disbelief. "Excuse me— but i'm not even a full demon yet how is that possible?" Jia felt her heart drop.

Hyejin moves suddenly, her hand sending a wave of black magic that locked the door. "Renjun, a word." She said urgently. The two walked over to the other side of the room. "The process needs to start as soon as you leave. Any demon that has met her has to take part in the transformation. Make it work. If you know who finds out, she will be dead you hear me? Like in the pit of lost and tortured souls dead. Now take her and get to fucking work." Hyejin said in a low voice. "She is just full of surprises isn't she?" Renjun sighed, the pair walking back over to Jia.

"Alright Jia, we have to go. It's time to transform you into a real demon." Renjun grabbed Jia by the wrist, teleporting them back to the house. "Everyone get your asses down here it's urgent!" Renjuns voice echoed through the entire house. One by one, each demon began to appear. "What do you want you have officially woken me up from my nap and i am this close to ending you." Donghyuck complained as he flopped down on the couch alongside everyone else.

"Well, Jia and I just took a little visit to the twins and well," Renjun motioned towards Jia who took the hint and extended her wings out of her back. various gasps and reactions were heard from the seven sitting on the couch. "Tell them your demon name." Renjun said. He knew their reactions would be good. "Uh okay... I'm Proserpine." She said hesitantly. That was the moment everyone began to freak out. Everyone's jaw fell, gasps emitting from some of them. Jisung even passed out from shock. "PROSERPINE?" Haewon screamed. "So you are telling me Jia is the queen of the underworld?" Mark asked in disbelief. "Someone hold me I might faint." Jaemin said dramatically. "Oh shit Jisung is out like a light—" Chenle suppressed a laugh. "You know what this means everyone." Renjun spoke, looking around at everyone.

"Time to get this show on the road."

——————————————