nyctophilic. 21

The group was close to the devils corner. Jia could feel the shooting pain from her back spreading further through her body. Jia was able to recover from how numb she felt earlier and was somewhat kicked back to life while talking to Haewon. The two were mid conversation when Vela had stopped everyone.

"We are almost to the devils corner. Once we enter, there is no going back." She stated. While everyone had their eyes on Vela, Jia noticed movement from Sohee. She glanced over, watching as she slipped a knife out of her sleeve and wielded it, covering it slightly. Sohee was eyeing Renjun.

She noticed the small smirk on Velas face as she glanced in Sohees direction and Jia knew she had seconds to react. She shot forward, tackling Sohee as she watched the girl turn and lunge for Haewon with the knife. Everyone's eyes shot to the commotion and watched as Jia had Sohee pinned down. "Fuck do you think you are doing?" Jia screamed, holding her arms down.

She had thrown the blade to the side and surely out of Sohees grasp. "Don't fuck with me!" Sohee snapped, lurching forward at Jia. Sohee broke her arm free and reached for Jia, only having time to grab onto her shirt which she promptly ripped in the middle. The half demon grabbed her arm and squeezed. Sohee realized she was applying more and more pressure and began to cry out in pain. Jia didn't stop until she heard a snap.

No one even thought of stopping Jia, they were all either too scared or too in shock to do anything. "Were you trying to kill him?" Jia asked impatiently. "No I was aiming for you, bitch!" Sohee lurched for Jia again but was slammed back onto the floor with Jias hand wrapped around her throat tightly. She applied more pressure to her throat, watching as Sohee gasped for air. In her struggle to breathe, Sohee still tried to get at Jia but instead, Jia head-butted Sohee as hard as she could, leaving a gash on her forehead from the force.

Jia reached over and grabbed the blade previously wielded by Sohee and sunk in deep into the girls chest. She watched as blood gushed out and huffed as the life emptied out of her. Jia panted as she watched Sohees body go limp. The girl looked up at everyone and saw how they looked at her. Glancing at Renjun she caught his eye and stood up.

"Let's go." Jia said sternly, wiping Sohees blood off of her face with the back of her hand. Vela and Alex were nowhere to be seen. As she walked past Renjun she muttered "I told you I didn't trust them." without even sparing him a passing glance.

"Jia." Renjun called to her seriously. She looked back at him with an empty stare. "I'm sorry." He admitted. "For what?" She asked. She didn't know what he was sorry for, but she also wanted to hear him admit it. "For what I said earlier. And for not trusting you. And for saying what happened was nothing." He admitted. A sly smirk grew on Jias face. "Let her be an example of what going to happen to any girl who comes near what's mine." Jia pointed at Sohees body before walking up to Renjun. "Because I'm not afraid to kill for you. But I should have rocked your shit for what you said to me. Watch your mouth next time." Jia said, grabbing Renjun by the chin and bringing his face towards her. Renjun smiled, she was out of her mind but he loved it.

Jia turned and began to walk with everyone else following. "Shes fucking insane." Mark chuckled as he walked next to Renjun. "I know." Renjun responded as he watched Jia and Haewon walking ahead of them. "You two make me sick." Chenle scoffed humorously, Jisung making a barfing sound standing next to him. "Jeno, Renjun, good luck with those two. I think they are crazier than all of us combined." Jaemin laughed. "Think? Pfft, they are worse than Satan himself!" Donghyuck chimed in. "Yeah and Jias not even a full demon yet." Jisung added.

Renjun looked closer at the girl, seeing the black filling her veins and his eyes grew wide. "Jia!" He shouted and she stopped in her tracks. She looked at him confused. He walked up, grabbing her wrist and lifting her arm up. Her shirt lifted slightly and gave full view of he blackened veins underneath. "Why didn't you tell me about this?" He asked. "Why would I after what you told me earlier?" She asked with ruffled eyebrows. "I said I was sorry!" He tried to reason. "You still said it!" She argued back. "Okay whatever! This is a problem!" He said. "What, our relationship?" She asked. "No that just HAS problems, THIS is the problem!" He motioned to her abdomen.

"Are you saying i'm fat?" Jia asked offendedly. "No, I-" Renjun shut his mouth in exasperation and stood with his hands on his hips. "I'm fucking with you, it's just funny seeing you mad." Jia chuckled. "Jia you literally have poison coursing through you right now." Renjun stated. "Go figure. I just can't stop being the prime target of all the bad shit huh." Jia scoffed. "You aren't worried about this at all?" Donghyuck questioned. "I literally got kicked out of heaven and THIS is my soulmate. Death is paradise at this point." Jia stated. "Wow, real mature." Renjun said blandly.

Jia glanced at him before looking back at the rest of the group. "Do you know what he said to me?" She asked. "Oh my-" Renjun groaned. "Ooooo I wanna know! Tell me the drama!" Jaemin said excitedly. Jia then told them what her soulmate said when she confronted him about Sohee. Everyone's jaws dropped and they all began to express their distaste for Renjun in that moment.

"YOU FUCKING WHAT?" Haewon shouted and lunged for Renjun but Jia held her back. "Man you are an asshole!" Jeno added. "Nah I have to agree, you really are a heartless bitch." Donghyuck spoke. Jisung smacked Renjun in the back of the head while Chenle began to tell him off in Chinese. No one other than Jia understood which made it even more priceless. Her favorite part was when Chenle called him a "no good rat"

"I already apologized!" Renjun defended himself. "MAN WHAT PROVOKED YOU TO SAY IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?" Mark shouted. "I don't know! I didn't mean it!" Renjun tried. "Lay off of him, I killed the girl anyways. Now he knows not to try me again." Jia smiled.

"Okay can we like move it, my girlfriend is literally dying right now and i'd like to not let her die." Renjun ushered everyone along. "Your relationship is so confusing." Mark muttered, walking along. "Girlfriend?" Jia asked. "If you want to be." He added. "Let's make it out of this and if you can show me a good time, I'll think about it." Jia winked before walking towards the rest of the group. He rolled his eyes, walking behind her.

He wouldn't admit it, but he fell for her hard.

————
ooooo double update