nyctophilic. 9

"I what?" Jias heart stopped.

"Don't move. Stay here." He sounded serious and Jia didn't move a muscle. Her heart was racing faster than ever before, afraid of what was happening. Moments later, Renjun came back in the room with Mark trailing behind him. "Oh my sweet lucifer." Mark muttered as he saw the sharp fangs poking out of Jias mouth.

Mark then grabbed Renjun by the arm and pulled him to the other side of the room. The pair began whispering to each other, Jia unable to hear. She feared for the worst, panicking inside. They talked for a while, seemingly arguing but she couldn't exactly tell. Soon enough, renjun walked back towards her, Mark exiting the room. "Okay this is just a.... minor setback." Renjun said. "Don't lie to me." Jia growled out, Renjun spotting a small flash of red in her eyes. "Yeah okay fine it's a major setback." He sighed. "How major?" She questioned.

"You are turning into a demon on your own Jia. Fallen's can't turn into demons on their own. I think it's because you have demonic blood in you already but i'm not entirely sure." He pursed his lips. "The process to transform you is already complicated enough as is and this honestly doesn't help the case." Renjun sighed. "Well this will be fun won't it." She sighed out. "Very. Now I need you to listen to me when I say this," Renjun spoke, Jia perking up and listening to what he had to say. "You cant go home right now. You need to stay here with me because I don't know if the night crawlers are the only thing after you." He looked at her. Jia was hesitant, ultimately nodding her head in agreement. "Okay, can we just go back to my house so I can get my stuff though?" She asked, Renjun nodding his head.

"Let's go." He spoke, reaching for her hand. When their hands touched, a shot of green electricity zapped them. They both pulled away, looking to their hands then at each other. Neither one prepared, both slightly shocked (no pun intended). There was a thought in the back of Renjuns mind about what the electricity was about but he quickly shook it off. He instead grabbed her hand again, no electric shock this time, and pulled her up from the bed. "You ready?" He asked. "As i'll ever be." She locked eyes with him. In a flash, the hot air in hell turned into the cold air of her bedroom. It was still completely trashed from the incident, Jia sighing before going over to her closet and pulling out a couple bags.

Renjun simply leaned against the wall, watching her every move. Jia walked all over the room, occasionally grabbing some of the things that were on the floor and shoving them in the bags. "So are you just going to stand there and stare at me?" Jia asked, not looking up at him. "Maybe. You got a problem with it?" He folded his arms, running his tongue over the bottoms of his teeth. She looked up at him, running a hand through her hair, "And if i do?" she let out a breathy laugh. "Well sorry angel but you are just going to have to suck it up." Renjun said.

After a few moments of silence between the two, Jia finished packing her bags. "Tell me Jia," Renjun sighed, standing up straight with his eyes flowing red. "What are you afraid of?" He walked over to her, his arms crossed over his chest. Jia looked up, eyes widening when she saw his own glowing red. "Uh, I have a lot of fears?" She fumbled over her words. "Like?" He asked. At this point he was basically hovering over her. Jia stumbled back until she felt her back against the wall.

"Is it perhaps," He spoke slowly. "Me?" Renjun breathed the word out but it felt like poison to Jia. His fangs were on full display, complimenting his already glowing red eyes. "If I say yes?" She tried to be brave but she knew it didn't come off well. "Answer the question angel." He smirked, already knowing the answer. "Y-yes." Jia gulped. He let out a small chuckle.

"Good girl."

——————————————

sorry this is short oopsie