nyctophilic. 10

Jia rubbed her eyes as she walked through the hallway towards the bathroom. It was 11am and she woke up in hell. literally.

A yawn escaped her lips as she left the bathroom, walking downstairs and to the kitchen only to reveal Renjun standing by the stove cooking. "Well it's about time you woke up." He let out an airy laugh. "Well i'm sorry i'm still technically part human and have a human sleep schedule." Jia rolled her eyes at him playfully, sitting down at one of the stools at the kitchen bar. The two engaged in small talk before the front door was heard opening.

"Lee Jeno where are you?" An all too familiar voice shouted through the house, the person walking into the kitchen and freezing at the sight in front of her. "Jia?" She exclaimed. "Haewon?" Jia spoke, surprised. It still felt weird to her that Haewon was a demon. "Why are you here?" Haewon asked. "I don't know ask Renjun, why are YOU here?" Jia threw the question back at her. "I'm just here to see my annoyance of a soulmate." Haewon sighed. "Hold on, SOULMATE?" Jias eyes widened. "Yeah that's kinda a thing here in the underworld, ask Renjun about it he will tell you I have to go whoop Jenos ass, bye now." Haewon waved as she left the kitchen.

"This conversation isn't over!" Jia shouted after her. Renjun simply laughed, turning back to the stove and turning it off. "Aye ren i'm not done talking to you." Jia called out. Renjun stopped what he was doing, turning to look at her. "Ren?" He asked in disbelief. "You know I could literally kill you and destroy your soul faster than you can blink right?" He folded his arms across his chest. "Do it then." Jia simply looked at him with an antagonizing smile on her face. Renjuns arm raised up, his hand scrunching like he was choking someone. A wave of magic hit Jia, the pressure on her throat restricting her air flow. She was unmoving, clearly feeling the lack of oxygen yet she still looked at him as if it wasn't even happening.

"You know I could destroy you if I really wanted to?" He asked, rolling his sleeves up as he walked over to her. His hands slammed against the marble countertop in front of Jia. "Hell isnt all fun and games, you are going to get a rude awakening very very shortly sweetheart." Renjun laughed, running a hand through his hair. It was progressively getting harder for Jia to breathe. Renjun flicked his hand away, the force being taken off of Jias throat which made her gasp for air.

Renjun reached over, grabbing Jia gently yet forcefully by the chin. "Never tempt me again. Next time I won't be so gentle." He growled, his eyes flickering red. "Oh I'm so scared." Jia challenged back, her fangs snapping out and her eyes flickering a small bit of red aswell. "Trust me doll, you will be." He breathed out. The two had a harsh stare down before Mark walked in. "Usually id be all for violence but come on now I haven't even had my coffee yet so hold off for a moment." Mark laughed, walking over to the coffee machine.

Renjun let go of the girls chin, taking a deep breath which made the red drain out of his eyes. "So, anyone care to explain the whole soulmate ordeal?" Jia asked either of the boys. "Yeah so basically all demons and angels have soulmates, you meet them when you turn 18. More of you have until you turn 19 to find them. Kinda complicated but everyone always finds their soulmate." Mark explained. Jia modded her head.

Jia suddenly heard a sharp ringing in her ear, making her wince and clutch the side of her head. Renjun looked at the girl, observing her every move. "Sweet terror that hurt a lot." She spoke, looking over to Renjun. His eyes widened in shock as she looked at him. "Great mother of lucifer." He whispered. "What's wrong?" Jia asked. "Your eyes are mixed." He spoke in disbelief. Mark looked over to the commotion, his eyes widening in surprise as well. "Now that's something you don't see everyday. You two have fun figuring that out." Mark laughed, taking his coffee and leaving.

"What do you mean by mixed?" Jia asked, puzzled. "They are red and gold swirled together. Oh come the fuck on this isn't happening! Come on Jia we have to go see the twins." Renjun sighed, grabbing her wrist and teleporting them somewhere. They were suddenly stood in front of a small building labeled "Potions, Poisons, & Pressure" , Renjun dragging the girl inside. The two stalked into the back room of the store, walking straight past the employees at the registers. Two girls were sat in a fancy looking office with couches and even a bar. "Yujin, Hyejin, we have a problem." Renjun spoke. "Well hello to you too luci. Hello to you too lovely, the names Hyejin." The girl introduced herself to Jia. "I told you not to call me that." Renjun sighed. "I'm Jia." Jia awkwardly introduces herself. "You probably already put the pieces together, but i'm Yujin." The other girl sat on the couch shouted over to Jia.

"So what's the problem here lover boy?" Hyejin asked, downing a shot of some alcohol. Renjun then went on to explain everything that had happened. Hyejin and Yujin who were both sat at the bar were impressed. "Damn Jia you are an interesting one." Yujin laughed. "So how do we hold off the angelic blood until I can make her a full demon?" Renjun asked.

Hyejin and Yujin looked at each other for a moment before looking to Renjun and Jia. "We know a way, but she's certainly not going to like it." Hyejin folded her arms over her chest. "Oh come on just do it." Renjun sighed. Yujin smiles at the thought of inflicting pain.

"Fine little angel, prepare to earn your second set of wings."

—————————————