Chapter 25 - Blizzard

Should I say something?

But we're not close enough, and last time I tried to help him when he was hurt it didn't go too well.

Before I have enough time to decide, he turns around to face me "Hey, uhh sorry about that." he awkwardly mumbles. "Anyway uhh take your coat off if you want, the heaters are on."

I nod and slip off my coat, revealing the same outfit I had worn to uni this morning. I didn't really feel like looking for another outfit.

"Love the outfit." he smirks.

"Thank you." I reply with an awkward smile, I never know how to act when I get compliments. "So um, I didn't bring my laptop, can we just do everything on my phone?" I quickly change the subject.

"We can just use Kai's laptop, hold on I'll go get it." he gets up and walks into one of the many rooms in this apartment.

The tension in the air can be cut with a knife, the fact that we're being unusually polite towards each other proves it. Avoiding his phone call is making things awkward as hell but I'm not sure if it's even my place to say something about it.

I care about him, he's one of my closest friends, even though neither of us have spoken much about ourselves so we don't know each other's demons. But I know we both have them, and from the looks of it, that phone call had something to do with his.

Do I wanna ask him about it? Yes, I want to make sure he's okay, but I'm scared of how he might respond.

The sound of a doorknob clicking open snaps me out of my thoughts and I look over to see Kai walk out of his room

"Huh, so you do have shirts after all?" I mumble.

"Yeah I decided that's enough for today, if you want more you gotta sign up for my OnlyFans." he winks at me.

"You have an OnlyFans?!" my jaw drops.

I don't even know why I'm surprised I mean, it's Kai. Who else I know would own an OnlyFans?

"What? I'm a business man, doing business. I bet you've said you wanted to become a stripper before at least once in your life; it's the same case for me, only I actually did it."

"Is Kai harassing you again?" Aurelio walks back into the room with the laptop in hand.

He places his laptop down on the coffee table and pushes Kai away "Shoo, go grab us a beer or something, make your existence useful for once."

"Might I remind you that this is my roof you're under?" Kai shakes his head but doesn't have the heart to say no to Aurelio, so he heads over to the kitchen anyway.

I don't know any of the guys that well, but I admire the fact that they all seem to look out for each other.

"Okay so, first let's rule the basics out. What kind of car are you looking for?" Aurelio speaks.

"Uhh I don't really know anything about cars, something average I guess? Not too small, not too big. Also nothing ugly."

He lightly giggles at that "Noted."

Pulling the laptop open he goes on Google and starts doing his own thing while I watch having no clue what's going on.

Based on his facial expressions, and the fact that he zoned out a good amount of times I'm assuming he doesn't know much about cars either.

Or something's bothering him.

Okay, maybe I should say something. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?