Chapter 3 - Someone's Grumpy

The shuttle bus arrived in front of the plane in only two minutes and we boarded the plane, the family and two guys following close behind. The plane is surprisingly mostly empty, I think about 20 other people are here on the entire flight.

"You should ask him for his number." Emily smirks, referring to the blue-eyed guy.

"Oh hell nah, not until you ask the brown eyed one for his number." I reply as we find our seats.

"Over my dead body." she says.

"That's what I thought."

"How are we supposed to get these up there?" Emily asks, pointing to our suitcases and the overhead compartment.

I cross my arms and sigh "I've done it before when my sister and I were travelling on our own and I was only twelve; I'm pretty sure l can do it now."

"You could always ask one of the guys to help you put them up." she winks, playing with her suitcase's handle button.

I roll my eyes in response, "Neither of us have the confidence for that and you know it."

"Good point." she replied.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight FR-3421 with service from New York City to Vancouver. We are currently third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately seven minutes time. We ask you to please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is strictly prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing American Airlines and enjoy your flight." a woman's voice speaks as the plane's doors close.

"Okay, I'll do it." I say in full confidence and attempt to pull up my suitcase and place it in the overhead compartment.

I actually manage to do it considering I don't have many things in my suitcase so it's not too heavy.

"Damn, I thought you were joking when you said you could do it." Emily throws her purse on the seat next to the window.

"Told you I don't need a man. Anyway, we're switching places halfway through the flight, you're not sitting in the window seat all the way." I point a finger at her.

"No promises." she shrugs.

I roll my eyes and pull her suitcase onto the seat. "Why is yours so damn heavy?"

"Looks like you might need a man after all."

"I'm not the one who packed my entire room into a suitcase." I reply.

Before I could ask a flight attendant for help the brown-eyed guy walks up to us. "Ladies, need any help putting these up?" he smirks eyeing Emily.

"No-"

"Yes, we do actually. Thank you." Emily smiles innocently.

The guy chuckles lightly and proceeds to place both her suitcases inside the compartment with no effort.

"Thanks." I give him a half smile.

"Anytime." he says and proceeds to check Emily out.

Motherly instincts kick in and I say "You can go back to your seat now, we appreciate the help."

He winks at Emily before turning around and going back to his seat.

"He is hot." she says plopping down onto her seat as I close the overheard compartment.

"And annoying." I add.

"You're just jealous 'cause he was checking me out." she buckles her seat belt as l sit down and do the same.

"Girl, shut up." I jokingly elbow her arm.