Chapter 5 - Guessing Game

"Hey, Luna, wake up, we're here!" I hear a familiar voice say and feel a tap on my shoulder but pay no attention to it.

"Go away." l groan in annoyance.

"Wake your lazy ass up, we finally made it!" she says, her tone laced with excitement.

Oh shit, we made it.

I open my eyes and sit up straight. "We landed?" I ask.

"Yes! Don't get up just yet though, they still didn't open the doors."

Despite the doors still being closed, everyone's already up from their seats and ready to leave with their luggage.

"We freaking made it! Can you believe that?!" Emily jumps in excitement.

"Where are we going to go first?" I ask, deciding that l wanna make the best of our first day.

"Definitely to the apartment to put our bags down, I'm tired as hell."

We pulled some strings and managed to rent a one bedroom apartment together for $1150 a month. Pretty good price compared to the regular prices these days.

The process of leaving the airport and locating our apartment was painfully slow. We kept giving the wrong directions to the taxi driver and Emily was too hyper for her own good. But we made it nonetheless.

The apartment is bigger than I thought it would be, the bedroom has a bunk-bed which is perfect.

It'll be a bit of a hassle trying to cope with living in the same room though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Emily. I would walk through hell for her and I know she would too but we're practically polar opposites.

She likes it warm while I can't stand anything more than 77°F. She likes being the adorable baby of the group, I only feel comfortable with being the responsible mother of the group. She has to have a light on at night I spend 99.99% of my time in complete darkness. You get the picture.

The first thing Emily did was discover that there's an expresso machine in the kitchen and fangirl over it for a bit before making herself a giant cup of coffee in her favourite mug that she brought with her. And now I have to deal with her hyperactive ass.

We both took a shower first thing and all the excitement in me when we landed is suddenly replaced by exhaustion and the horrible feeling of jet-lag.

"Come on!! Don't be so lazy, we just landed. Let's go have fun you know and explore the place." she jumps off the bed and fixes her braid in the mirror. "Now, where are we gonna go first?! I saw a library on our way here, maybe we could check that first. Also we need groceries so we'll head to the grocery store next-"

"Have fun, I'm gonna go to bed." I say, climbing up to the top bunk and jumping under the blankets.

I'll admit, the weather is freezing today but it doesn't bother me too much. Emily on the other hand is wearing literally 5 layers and normally she would still complain about it being cold but today the caffeine is doing the trick.

"Hey! How come you get the top bunk?" she asks and I can practically see her crossing her arms despite me facing the wall.

"You got the window seat the entire flight, I get the top bunk."

"You practically slept through the whole thing, how is that fair? Besides, I thought you were afraid of heights."

"I am, that's why I won't look down. What I don't see can't hurt me." I reply.