Chapter 6 - Jet-lag

"Your friend is cute btw, what's her snap?" the guy texts again before I even have the time to reply.

"My friend..?" l reply.

"Em!" I call out to Emily as he types something.

"What?" she asks from the living room.

"Come here I need to show you something!"

"I'm too lazy, you come." she replies.

I groan in annoyance and climb off my bed, "You're annoying." l glare at her for making me get up.

"Says you. Anyway, what's up?" she grabs the last slice of pepperoni pizza.

"Uhh first, you ate the entire freaking pepperoni pizza what the heck?!"

"You wouldn't wake up it's not my fault! Plus, I ordered this like 5 hours ago, not my fault you sleep so damn much." she shrugs, taking a bite out of the pizza.

"You dare touch my chicken BBQ pizza and that will be the last thing you do." I shoot her a glare and she raises her arms in mock surrender.

"Anyway, this dude I don't know texted me on snap and he says he knows me but won't tell me who he is. He also knows you." l explain as l open my phone back up to find a new text from him.

"Oh you know, the cutie in the long brown hair and purple phone case." the guy replies to my previous text.

"Uhh, we don't technically know anyone here. Ask him where he lives, if he's from New York then it's probably someone from school I guess." she says.

I agree and send him a text "Where are you from?"

Once again, his bitmoji pops up almost the second the text goes through and he starts typing. "Why, you have a sepcific type?"

"Jesus christ, men are disgusting." I roll my eyes and Emily smacks my arm "Reply! Come on, curiosity is killing me." she says, squeezing a bit of ketchup on her pizza.

"Just tell me." I type my reply and hit send.

"I'll let you guess, we're very polite and popular for poutine." he replies.

"Canada?"

"Bingo."

Emily reads the text and says "Uhh okay... He's probably just bullshiting you about the whole knowing you thing."

"Yeah..."

"Wait a second, the guy from the airport; the dude who helped us put our bags up. This could be him." she says.

"Just think about it, his bitmoji looks like it, he saw both you and I so he 'knows' us and he's probably Canadian." she explains.

"But then how would he get my snapchat?" I ask.

"Maybe he saw it over your shoulder or something when you opened your phone."

"He was like six seats away Em, he couldn't just look over my shoulder." I point out.

"Did you leave your phone open when you went to the bathroom or something?"

"No. I would never just leave my phone open unless I'm blackout drunk."

"Then... I don't know. He must've gotten it somehow." she says.

"I'll ask him." l open my phone back up.

"As if that's gonna work." Emily scoffs.

"You were on the plane with us weren't you?" l send the text.

"Took you long enough to figure it out." he replies.

"How did you get my snapchat then?"

"You fell asleep and your phone open with snap on the screen, saw your @ and thought I'd shoot my shot."