Chapter 4 - Single Mother

After another hour of trying to entertain myself with my phone, music, playing with Emily's hair while she sleeps and tying her braids together, eating candy that we bought earlier, making funny faces at a baby nearby and waiting for someone to announce that we're landing I sigh in defeat, putting my phone down.

This is a lot longer than I thought it would be.

I yawn and check my wrist watch, 5 more hours to go.

Alright, what can I do to entertain myself that does not involve the use of internet or moving to much?

I smile as an idea pops up in my head.

I open my phone and go on snapchat, opening the first filter that l see which happens to be just a cute filter with cat ears.

I stick my tongue out and take a picture of me and passed out Emily, giggling to myself as l write the caption. "It's hard being a single mother to an 18 year old 😔😔"

I save the picture and post it on my private story, only Emily is on my private story so she's the only one that will be seeing it anyway. I know I wouldn't want anyone seeing a picture of me sleeping so I wouldn't do that to her either, even though it's really tempting.

The plane's Wi-Fi is terrible so I let the picture take it's time getting posted and take another one, this time it's from a closer angle to her and using the same filter.

The caption for this one is "My daughter @emilyelui171 is the cutest isn't she? #proudsinglemother."

She's going to kill me when she wakes up.

That only makes it even funnier.

I giggle to myself as l post the other picture on my private story.

After a while of taking random pictures and saving them on my phone the plane's dim lighting and quiet atmosphere starts making me feel a bit sleepy so I put my phone down on the tray in front of me and begin to drift off.