Chapter 22 - Prison Weather

By the time Aurelio stopped at our apartment complex Emily and Kai had both fallen asleep on my shoulder and it was my duty to wake them up.

We got back into our house and Emily went straight to bed, I was changed and just layed on the living room floor for a while to process what I was feeling.

I had fun, a lot of fun actually. But I was still miserable by the end of it.

I eventually fell asleep on the living room floor without even realizing it, Emily woke me up the next morning when she got up for uni.

I went to class and currently am waiting in the hallway, Em texted me that she's gonna be a few minutes late because she needs to talk to her professor so I'm just waiting in the building rather than outside.

I lean against the wall and reply to my mom's texts as I wait for Emily's call.

Apparently my grandma came to visit so my mom's not alone anymore, that's good to know.

"Hey, Luna."

I glance up from my screen and I'm met with Aron standing in front of me.

"Aron? When did you get out?"

"Last night, didn't have the chance to call you though. How are you?"

"I'm okay, how are you?"

"Great, feels good to be back. Prison is not fun in this weather. Or any weather in that case. Anyway, have you talked to Aria since? I stopped by her house a few times but she wasn't there and she hasn't returned any of my calls."

"No I haven't actually," I check the date on my phone, today's Thursday. "I'm supposed to meet her and Jordan tonight though, I'll tell her you want to talk."

"She's really going out with her friends and won't even bother send me a message after what I went through for her?" he scoffs.

"Come on dude, she's obviously upset. I mean, it's great that you stood up for her but even though you meant well you handled it terribly. Of course she'd be upset."

"I handled it terribly? Really Luna? You too?"

"You know what? Forget it, I'll tell her you're trying to reach her tonight." I turn around to get away from him but he grabs me by my wrist and spins me back around to face him.

"Hold on there, you're just going to leave like that?"

"What do you want Aron?" I pull my hand out of his grip.

"Ouch, why so harsh?" he pulls me a bit closer to him.

"Because you're acting like a dick right now."

"Am I a dick for wanting to spend time with my friend?"

"Last time I checked, 'friends' actually listen to each other." I cross my arms.

"Alright then, that's what you're so upset about? I'm listening, go ahead."

"I already said what I had to say, goodbye Aron." I turn around and walk to the nearest exit.

"Okay then, call me when you decide to stop being so dramatic." he calls out as I walk away.

I clench my fists to keep myself from turning back to punch him square in the jaw and walk out of the building.

God, I hate people.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Emily.

"Hey, sorry for taking so long the professor was busy. I'm on my way out now." her voice echos through the phone, presumably because of the bad connection.