Chapter 8 - Parties

It's been a few days since classes started and they're definitely not as bad as I expected them to be.

I'm majoring in Medical Technology and Emily is a law student.

I actually never thought I'd make it this far at all but I guess it's not as bad as I imagined it to be.

"Luna?!" Emily calls out from what I'm assuming is the kitchen.

"What?" I reply from my bed.

"Did you finish the hot cheetos?!"

"Uhhh maybe..?"

"Luna Atlas O'Neal I am going to murder you!" she replies angrily.

"Too bad I wanna die anyway." I shrug and she comes storming into the room.

"Come on, really? I was looking forward to eating those the whole day!" she complains.

"So was I! Plus, you ate pretty much the entire bag. Give me a break."

"Still, you don't finish the hot cheetos like that. Now get your ass up we're going to the store to grab some more."

"In your dreams." I roll my eyes.

"We ran out of toothpaste and coffee, how are you going to make your morning iced coffee if we don't get more?"

"I really really hate you."

"Love you too, get dressed." she says and walks back out of the room.

I throw on a plain black hoodie and a pair of leggings with my phone in my pocket before stepping out of the room and grabbing a cup of water while I wait for  Emily to finish.

"Alright, let's go." she comes out of the bathroom with a white sweater and a black jacket on top of it, with the same jeans she wore last time we went out.

"You're going to the grocery store in jeans?" I put my cup down on the kitchen barstool and grab the keys as we make our way out the front door.

"It was the first thing in front of me." she shrugs.

The grocery store isn't far from our apartment so we just walk to it but considering it's 7pm and the sun had already set it's a bit more unsafe. We can't order an uber either way because it's literally a 1 minute drive so instead we both carry pepper spray with us. Call us paranoid, better safe than sorry.

"How are things going with Leonardo by the way?" I ask as we approach the exist of the apartment complex.

"Okay I guess, I started talking to a different guy though."

"Already? What about Leo?"

"We still talk but I don't think he likes me as anything more than just a friend, besides I really like this new guy."

"You don't know that for sure, you guys have only been talking for a week now. But anyway, tell me about the new guy."

We exit the apartment complex and the grocery store is right around the corner.

"Well, his name is Parker, he's nineteen and so far we get along really well."

"Where did you find this Parker guy?" I ask as we approach the supermarket.

"We met at the university's cafeteria, he studies law too."

"Oh so you guys have been seeing each other everyday for a while now, huh?"

"Kinda, yeah." she lightly giggles.

I slow down and stare at her, half shocked half amused.

"What?!" she begins to blush.