June 22 cont.

**** Monday afternoon June 22, 2020****

You and Tom haven't talked since he came back from his meeting this morning. You're starting to think that in order to start establishing that professional distance, the best option would be to move out. Feeling conflicted, you call the one person you haven't talked to in a while, Elena.

The video call loads up, and Elena answers.

"Is this my best friend who has become a stranger?"

Hearing her familiar voice and seeing her her face brought you some comfort. "Hi Elena. How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I'm actually in London. Benedict needed a PA, and since he's already known me for a while, he didn't trust a new hire."

"When will you be back in the States?"

"I'll be back for the holidays, so before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I get to see you, I haven't seen or talked to you since March when you moved out."

"I know, I'm sorry I've been a bad friend."

"Girl, I forgive you. So... how's "living alone"?" Elena uses air quotes at the end.

You give a slight laugh, almost like Tom's, being around him you've adopted some of his mannerisms. "It's been interesting. Just hit some rocky roads recently."

"Your eyes looked as if you were crying before you called, what's wrong?"

You start crying, "I grew feelings for him."

Elena gives you a look of sympathy. "Oh honey, everything other than your job was supposed to be just for fun. Growing feelings was only going to lead you here."

Confused you say, "here where Elena?"

"You know, your feelings not being reciprocated the same way. When have you ever seen a celebrity love their PA, even more when that PA is a huge fan, obsessed fan, in your case."

"First of all, that's not what's going on. Second, I can assure you Elena, what I feel is more than obsession or infatuation. I know that because when I think of something bad happening to him, big or small, it's feels like a dagger in my chest. I can't see life beyond him anymore! It's like he is the love of my life incarnate."

"I'm sure you feel that way y/n, but an actor like him wouldn't..."

You cut her off, "look Elena, I already heard this from my mom, some other woman, but I didn't expect it from you, my best friend. I thought you'd be the one to give me hope and tell me to pursue what I feel."

"It's also my job as a friend to put your feet on the ground when I feel like you're floating away y/n."

You hear a knock on the door. "I have to go Elena. It was good seeing you."

Tom walks in. You stand from your chair, "is there anything I can do for you Mr. Hiddleston?"

"Can you please stop that y/n. I have settled everything, but let us talk about it. Please sit." He motions for you to sit next to him on your bed.

"So...your ex wants you back. Can't say I'm surprised, I mean which woman who had you, then lost you, wouldn't want you back."

"Firstly y/n, that relationship ended a long while ago. Second, in order for there to be a relationship, both parties need to be interested, and I am not."

"I think I revealed to her that we...you know.  Then what she told me," you take a deep breath, "it just made me think of how foolish I was to have let things get this far."

"You're not foolish in any way y/n."

"Wasn't I though? Look at who you are and who I am" you look down and fidget with your dress

"Y/n, you told me in the beginning that you have read and heard every interview I have ever given, no matter how big or small, is that right?"

"Ummm...yes I...I did say that."

"Then you must've read when I talked about how I detest the class system, and it's true. I hate how people categorize themselves and others, and let that determine how they'll live their lives."

"That sounds kind of familiar..."you reply softly.

"Then don't let the words of someone, who plays no major role in my life currently, determine your behavior with me. You're getting to know me for me; and what I profess to you should be your guide to know how I would feel, react, or choose to live my life."

Tom grabs your hand and holds it to his chest. "Now, would you please stop calling me Mr. Hiddleston, and resume being your charming and sexy self?" He looks into your eyes with his puppy blue eyed stare, those eyes make your heart race and melt at the same time.

"Okay Tom", you cheerfully say.

He turns and gives you a tight hug where his long arms wrap completely around you. This man gives the most beautiful, warmest, and securest hugs. You always feel safe within his embrace.

Tom looks at his watch and stands up from the bed. "It's still early and there's a beautiful sunset coming, would you like to resume our pool date dear?" He extends his hand to you...

You take his hand and rise from where you sat. "I'd love that".

Both of you spend the rest of the evening swimming in his pool while the southern sky dims down in hues of orange,yellow, pink and dark blue.