Chapter 12-Gon and Killua

[Ace's POV]

Let's sum it up, shall we? Gon got beaten to a pulp and I really want to hit a certain someone. 

But in the end, Hanzo forfeited the match. Gon wasn't happy about it, saying it was unfair and that they should settle it in another way. Annoyed, Hanzo gave him an uppercut which made Gon faint. He was thrown back but I was able to catch him before he hit the ground. At first, I wondered if he would get disqualified since I helped but then I thought that the ninja had already admitted his defeat, meaning Gon had already won.

I carried him princess style to a room so that he could rest and get treated. But before I left, I waved my friends good luck.

I helped the nurses treat his wounds and ended up being treated myself. I was given medicine for the infection and a new bandage for my shoulder wound. I decided to stay with Gon and wait until he wakes up or the exam ends, either way. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

I felt something poke my forehead but I ignored it. I was poked again. And again. And again... My eyes peered open to see Gon looking at me. ''Oh, Gon, you're awake.'' I yawned. Gon chuckled,''I should be the one saying that.''

''So... what happened while I was asleep?''

''Well...Killua got disqualified too, like you.''

''Oh, ok...''

''...''

I cocked my head to the left,''What else?'' I asked indifferent. So what if he got disqualified? I may not know what he did, but he could always try next year, if he really wanted to.

Gon blinked at me,''I'll tell you on the way,'' He pulled my arm to walk with him to the conference room.

I fixed my hair and put my cap on as he explained what Satotz told him. He told me about Kurapika's win, Leorio's win and Killua's disqualification. Apparently Killua forfeited his first match since he thought his opponent was boring. Then his next opponent was his elder brother. Illumi. I was kind of shocked at that news...but part of me knew it would happen sooner or later...after all, it was his pin...It took me a while to realize it since I last saw it when I was...what? four? five? I'm twelve now.

I had my guard on when I opened the door. Gon went in first and everyone had their eyes on him. I came in next and everyone turned to look at me. I observed the room and caught sight of Illumi. Gon, too, was intensely staring at him. or was that a glare?

Gon started to walk towards the older male but I immediately tugged on his right arm to stop him. 'He's dangerous.' I mouthed. Gon gave me a reassuring smile before continuing his way. I followed him just in case Illumi tries something. When Gon stopped beside him, Illumi didn't give him a glance but was staring blankly at me.

''Apologize to Killua.'' Demanded Gon, making Illumi look over to him and replied,''Apologize? For what?''

Gon had a confused expression on his face at first but it quickly changed to an angry one as he said, "You don't have the qualifications to be an older brother." I didn't really get what he meant though.

Apparently Illumi had the same thought as I, saying, ''You need qualities for this?'' Even if you don't classify him as an older brother, he still is, by blood, whether you like it or not...right?

It seemed that this logical question angered Gon even more that he grabbed Illumi tightly by his wrist and threw him over the chair he was sitting on.

Being a trained assassin, Illumi landed on his feet. Illumi looked at him with a bit of shock as Gon tightened his hold on his arm, breaking it.

''To be a friend of somebody, I don't require anything.''