Chapter 23: Money

[Third Person POV]

Ace wasn't the only one who finished months of nen training. The only difference is that she didn't have a mentor, and the other fellow, who happened to be her friend Kurapika, had someone teach him. During those times, he found out he was a conjurer.

After that, Kurapika immediately went job hunting once again. Yes, again. He was rejected the first time. Not because he was a newbie, but because of the fact he didn't know anything about nen.

Now, on the other hand, he was quite confident of his abilities. The broker in front of him was amazed of the short time he had mastered nen.

She still looked the same from the first time he paid a visit--short magenta hair; piercings on her nose, ears and lips; and visible tattoos on her arms.

"So, what kind of employer are you looking for?" She asked, readying her computer.

"Anyone who has a strong connection to the York Shin auction. I don't care what kind of job it is." He answered promptly.

"Hmm, people with power usually have high criteria," she mumbled, loud enough for Kurapika to hear, as her fingers swiftly typed on the keyboard. "I doubt they'll hire someone with little to no experience as a hunter."

PING

Her eyes glinted.

"There's three that fit your description and decide upon interview. All of them are bodyguard and security work. I'll read the descriptions."

She looked up at the blonde before proceeding.

"First is a gun collector. Looking for Bull S55 Limited Edition No.1 by Mizet Company. Second is a china collector. Looking for Rodo Company Anniversary dish of years 1655 and 1667..."

When she laid her eyes on the third one, she scrunched her nose up slightly in disgust.

"The last one is a body part collector. Tattooed skin, jelly diseased skull, etc... What a hobby."

This in particular caught Kurapika's attention.

"I choose that one."

------- In the meeting place for the interview-------

Kurapika counted five contestants, excluding himself--small plump man (He wasn't so sure.) with two buck teeth, a tall woman with her pink hair tied to a messy bun, a big muscular man who clearly did not wear enough clothes (his top only consisted of an undersized vest, showing his bare chest), a dark skined man with his curly hair tied to a low ponytail, and lastly a thin man with big ears (as Ace would say, he looked similar to a monkey).

A butler came into the room."Thank you for waiting." He bowed politely then turned the TV on. The screen flashed, and revealed a live video recording of a man.

"I won't ask you if you have a license or not. The important thing is that you can get the things that we want." The man said. "There's one month until the auction begins. I'll give you a list and from that, bring just one of the things of your choice to us."

Right after he spoke, the butler handed out gadgets to everyone in the room.

"Here, the data card."

As soon as Kurapika received it, he quickly browsed through list.

[Eyes of the Kurta Clan]

[scarlet color remaining, with the head is better]

Kurapika couldn't help but have his blood boil in anger. It reminded him of his goal to avenge his clan and to have his revenge on the Phantom Troupe.