Chapter 2-The Gender Confusion and the Creepy Hisoka [EDITED]

[Ace's POV]

So this wasn't a lottery. Oh, shit. Of all the things it could've been, it was the hunter exam. Might as well have fun and see how this ends then.

When I saw that blonde again, I wanted to make sure. After meeting 3 dudes who looks prettier than most girls, I'm really really cautious. I walked towards her...or him, and noticed she had already took off a layer of her clothing.

"A woman?'' I muttered.

She must have heard me say it since she turned a light shade of pink and yelled, "I'm a man, damn it!''

OK, then. She was not really a 'she' but a 'he.' That adds another to my list. I quickly apologized to him while I bowed. That must have been rude.  

He held his hands up and told me to stop, which I did. It did look embarrassing. And to think I did all of this with a blank face.

Mister...er..I really should've listened to him a while ago..anyways, the mouthless man started explaining about the marsh. "The 'Numelle's Marsh,' nicknamed 'The Crooks' Nest.' This is the place where the second round with stand. You'll have to go through here. The rare animals you'll find in the marsh eat humans for lunch. They're birds of prey. Follow me and pay close attention. Losing the way results death."  Just as he finished, the exit closed.

"The living beings in the marsh are going to do all that is possible to have fun and make a good lunch." He continued. Wow. It kinda sounds like me...Haha..

"The predators who find a prey, rush at it. That's it, the ecosystem...and that's why this place is called 'The Crooks' Nest.' Take care not to be surprised. Do your best to follow me." He added.

"THAT"S FALSE! HE'S LYING TO ALL OF YOU GUYS!" A man shouted out of nowhere. "HE'S AN IMPOSTOR...!" Well, after the warning mouthless man gave us, I don't think I should believe this dude. I turned around, and looked at the marsh again...I wonder what kind of animals live here...I hope there's some cats...

A few minutes later, I felt something come at me with a violent aura. I quickly acted as if I tied my shoelaces to dodge the attack. I looked up to see a card of ace hearts. My eyebrows furrowed. The pink haired clown...But this card...how did he...?

I picked it up and turned to face him. I saw that he had done the same with the mouthless man, the impostor and uh..monkey?, saying, ''I see, I see. He's the real examiner.'' He pointed at the mouthless man who caught the cards, unlike the impostor and the monkey who died. I really need to ask his name. This is getting really rude.

''In fact, the examiners are hunters who do this freely at the jury's request. It wouldn't be odd if a hunter of his caliber stops that attack.'' He continued. He's really starting to creep me out.

The mouthless man threw the cards he caught and replied,''I'll take that as a compliment. However, the next time you use such an intervention against me, you will be disqualified. Am I understood?'' He looks pissed.

''Yes. Yes.'' He said as he walked away.  The other people were silent. They're scared of him. Awesome. Creepy, but awesome.

I  walked towards him earning looks for other people. I handed his card back and said, ''You dropped this, #44-san.''

He gave me a creepy smile. ''Ah, koneko-chan, sorry, it must've slipped.'' He said as he took it from me.

I looked at him curiously. ''Really? I thought...I thought you were really attempting to kill me.'' He just gave me another creepy smile.  What's with him and creep smiles.