Chapter 1- The Lottery

Author's Note
Disclaimer: I do not own Hunter x Hunter, only my OCs and this story idea.
Hello! This is my first book here. Hah..I'm kinda nervous actually. I'm not really good with words... But my friends told me that I can come up with good ideas...so here I am now. ^^; Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy! On with the story!

<edit>P.S. The picture is what Ace should look like more or less, but a cap instead of a bonnet.
----

[Ace's POV]

I'm so hungry...wait...no...I'm starving!!! My stomach grumbled as I walked along the street, looking for a good restaurant. Then, beside a very tall, luxurious building, I saw a ramen stand, looking as if it existed for me to order their food.

'You know, there's this ramen stand, beside a tall building, that sells steak. Weird right?' That man's words suddenly echoed in my head, like a reminder.

Hmm...

Maybe...

Just maybe....

I really need some steak.

I dashed into the stand without a second thought as I held on to my cap to keep it from falling. As I entered, the aroma of ramen hit my nose. The soothing athmosphere of the restaurant greeted me as I took the seat in front of the owner. Noticing me, he immediately welcomed me with a warm smile. ''Welcome! What can I get you, sir?''

I looked around and finally noticed that the place was a bit crowded and a bit too noisy for my taste. I'd like to eat in peace. ''I wanna use the back room...Please?''

He raised an eyebrow at my question. ''Your order?'' He asked.

''Steak combo,''I replied almost too quickly, with some drool on the side of my mouth.

The chef smirked. What? Why did he do that? ''How would you like it cooked?''

''Slowly. Rare.'' I answered, imagining the juicy red meat. In fact, this was one of my favorites. My mind started to wander as I tried to recall the heavenly flavor in my mouth.

''Let yourself in.'' He told me, but instead of me going by myself, his assistant led me the back room. When she opened the door, the room waiting for me was quite peculiar, only having a plain table with four plastic chairs around it.

''Wait here." The nice lady said."And good luck." She left, quietly shutting the door.

I sat down on one of the chairs and put my elbows on the table, waiting for my food. But as I waited, a certain thought struck me. Wait...Good luck? Why would I need good luck to eat?

After a few minutes, the whole room started to shake. At first, I thought an earthquake had hit but then, it moved downwards, like an elevator. Cool back room....This makes me wonder how my steak would taste like!

The 'elevator' finally stopped. Suddenly, the door opened, revealing a huge amount of people. Curiously, I stepped out of the room, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my blue jacket. My eyes travelled across the room, and some of them caught my attention. One of them was a pink haired dude. His outfit made him look like a clown, but his features were intimidating, the complete opposite of a clown. Then there was this other dude who had a Mohawk hairstyle with pins on his face. Cool. Oh, there's a kid--

''Excuse me, sir. Here's your number.'' A small green-skinned man interrupted my thoughts and handed me a pin with the number '343'. Number? What's this for?...hm...luck...number...lottery...a lottery!

A huge smile was plastered on my face by this time. My number was pretty good! 343 equals 7x7x7. Sure luck.

Then a sudden realization hit me, my eyebrows furrowed at the thought. I frowned as I put my pin onto my shirt.