Chapter 17-Letter

[Ace's POV]

'Bullshit!'

I punched my 5th? 6th? opponent in the gut, hard enough to knock him unconcious. I'd feel remorse and pity for the poor guy, but I had to release my anger at a certain kitty cat.

'I can't believe he'd just leave me! He even brought Gon along!'

'Does he really have a problem with me or something?!'

I went to the counter to check the balance they owed me, the lady advised me to withdraw everything since it would be the last time they'd pay me to fight. I did as told and went off ahead to the 200th floor.

As I was about to register, I felt bloodlust aimed towards me. I stiffened, the pressure gave me the feeling that I was about to be crushed. Not only that, it was familiar.

I turned and found the one person I didn't expect to find here. The cl-- Hisoka.

"Nice to see you again, koneko-chan~"said the pink haired male as he licked his dried lips."What brings you here~?"

"You." I answered almost immediately. He gave me one of his infamous looks of pleasure.

"oh~?" He seems turned on. Ew. I stepped back once, maybe twice for extra measure.

"Gon was training to be able to fight you, so I came along."

His grin widened. "ah~ I'm so excited~" But then he frowned and turned serious. "It's not wise to enter the 200th if you didn't learn yet."

"Hah?"

He turned his back at me, then threw a notebook over his shoulder, "For you."

I scrambled my hands to get it. Once I had a good hold on it, I curiously examined it, flipping it around. "What's this?"

He looked back, "From an old friend of yours."

I tried opening it, but I couldn't. Confused, I eyed his retreating form. He seemed to read my mind and muttered, "You're ready if you open it."

"Huh."

[3rd Person POV]

<In Hisoka's Room>

Sitting on the chair by the balcony, He gazed outside absentmindedly.

He was then interrupted by a vibration in his pants pocket.

After checking his screen for the caller address, he excitedly answered it and put it on loud speaker. It buzzed before a voice was heard.

"Hisoka, were you able to give it to her?"

"Of course~" He couldn't help but feel tightness in his pants as he heard her sweet angelic voice.

There was a short silence before the voice spoke again, "...How is she?"

"Almost ripe~"

He heard her sigh. "Thanks anyway. Sorry for asking for so many favors, Hisoka."

"Anything for you.~ At least, I know now why Illumi was so protective of koneko-chan~"

"What do you mean?"

He tried not to, but it came out as a scowl, "She's his lover's beloved sister, afterall."

"...Isn't that right, Queen?"

[Ace's POV]

While waiting for the duo in Gon's room, I tried to open the notebook in various ways, but still failed to do so.