Chapter 30: Stay

[Ace's POV]

"That said, I can't really make you leave." Chrollo said, contradicting his words before. "If I do, then all our work today would have been for naught."

Since I practically slept through the whole ordeal outside (I don't regret it either), I didn't have any idea of what had transpired.

So as ignorant as I was, I asked, "What did ya guys do?"

My eyes trailed over from each of the members to the bags of stuff they had around the room.

"Aside from stealing junk, that is."

Nobunaga held his head up high in shamless pride. "We faked our deaths!"

I caught Feitan sending him a quick glare for his slip-up.

I guess he wasn't supposed to tell me.

"Huh, but you're definitely dead in my list, Topknot." I quipped.

"WHY YOU...!"

"If you guys are worried if I'd tell anyone you're alive, don't be." I looked at Chrollo in the eye. "As much as I care for my friends, I owe you a lot."

"True," He noted, a smile threatening to appear on his face. "But I'm not taking any chances."

I frowned at the obivous show of distrust, but I guess he couldn't help it. He knows me too well.

"Alright." I nodded.

"So, what are we going to do with her, dancho?" Machi asked suddenly.

"She'll stay with us for a while. A temporary member of some sort." Chrollo replied. "I might ask her to do a job for me to keep her busy."

"I'm retired, you know."

"I suggest you reconsider, little girl." Pakunoda spoke up from the back of the group with her arms crossed. "You wouldn't want to face any of the consequences."

I sighed. "Fine fine"

I grinned, a thought suddenly popped in my mind. "Before we get to that though, correct me if I'm wrong, don't you guys celebrate after a succesful heist?"

"You got some nerve, girl." Phinks remarked, smirking. "We have beer."

I pouted. "I can't drink that! I'm a minor!"

"Who cares?! You're already in the fucking wanted list!"

[Killua's POV]

Ace is in danger because of us. Because of me.

I rubbed my temples as I felt my knees weaken. I let my body fall limp on the bed.

After we escaped with her help, we went back to the hotel, only to find Leorio and Zepile drinking to their hearts content. The sight made my blood boil since they were having the time of their lives while Ace risk her life. I had to stop myself from throwing them out.

"Killua! Don't worry!" Gon reassured from his side of the room. He sat comfortably on his bed as he prepared to sleep. "Ace will be okay. Besides, she's really strong!"

"Yeah, strong and stupid."

The smile on Gon's face never wavered.

How can be he so sure...?

"Plus! Ace seemed to know who their Leader was." Gon had a thoughtful look on his face. He must have remembered how Ace spoke in such as casual tone when refering to the leader of the Spiders.

"If that's the case, I don't think he'd allow any harm to come to her." Gon was convinced, probably because of how the samurai showed so much compassion towards his fellow member. He knew that they cherished their allies as much as we do ours.