Chapter 11-Disqualified

[Ace's POV]

I walked in a room to find the chairman sitting in the middle of it. I was ready for the questions since I asked Kurapika about it. He watched me with amusement as I sat across him.

''Can we get this started? I-''

He cut me off, ''You're disqualified.''

I blinked at him as the words registered in my mind. ''What?''

''You didn't register before the exam, so you're technically not in the list of participants. You are disqualified.'' He said nonchalantly. "I checked when Satotz told me you entered the exam, accidentally."

I banged my head on the table in front of me. ''All I did...for nothing...''I groaned. I even killed...twice...and I don't even remember about it.

"Hohoho." I heard Netero chuckle and say,''How about this? As a consolation prize for your efforts, I'll tell you something about your eyes.''

I looked up at him curiously with my chin still on the table, ''You know about my eyes?''

''Yup, you're not wearing any contacts now. I can tell it's the Cat's Eye.''

Ah shit. Forgot to put them on. I quickly took my contacts from my pocket and put them on. I looked at Netero again and asked, "So what do you know?"

He caressed his beard as he thought, "I used to have a friend who had the same eyes as you."

"What?! Where is he? Who is this person??" I blabbered excitedly as I leaned forward with anticipantion.

"He's dead." He stated. "He died 12 years ago."

I went back to my original position and frowned in disappointed, "Oh."

"He spent his life investigating about your and his eyes." He said, "He said that the nine lives theory was false and true in the same time." What the heck does that mean?

I tilted my head, not understanding what he meant.

"He said that the person himself won't be reincarnated or revived, only the eyes itself. The eyes find another owner once the previous dies," He continued. "meaning, the 'nine lives' is not the person's, but the eyes' and it can only exsist in nine generations. There's only one pair of eyes in existence. Once the owner dies, it disappears."

I nodded, taking in all the information given but there's still one question, "How about my ability? Where did it come from?"

He hesitated for a moment,"I don't know."

He's hiding something.

"So, that's it?"

He nodded.

Oh well, I'll find someone else to ask instead.

"Can I make a request then?"

"Depends."

"Can I watch the next round?"

"Sure."

"Thank you." I bowed and was leaving the room when he shout after me, "Oh, I forgot to mention, all the previous ones were male, you're the only female!"

That statement made me stop in surprise then I felt a shiver in my spine. HOLY-!!! THAT MEANS I WAS MEANT TO BE A GUY!!! WHAT THE HELL?!? I DIDN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT!!!

 Aggravated, I quickly left the room, not hearing his murmurs.

''Mataku, Queen, what are you planing?''