Chapter 18-Fight

[Third Person POV]

"ALLLLRIGHT FOLKS! TODAY IS THE DAY OF A FIGHT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!"The commentator announced with excitement, pumping her fist in the air as the crowd cheered for their favorite competitor. "ONE OF OUR TALENTED ROOKIES, MAKING HIS WAY TO THE TOP WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT, WHILE CATCHING THE HEARTS OF OUR FEMALE AUDIENCE--ACE!" She pointed towards her left and crowd went wild.

The white haired 'male' walked in, hiding 'his' tired look under 'his' cap. "I need to finish this quickly, so I can watch Gon's match..." Ace reminded herself sternly. The letter she read in the morning had hit her quite hard, giving her a bad mood.

"AND ON THE RIGHT SIDE," the commentator now pointed to the opposite side, "A VETERAN WITH 5 WINS AND NO LOSSES, A PRODIGY THAT SINGLEHANDEDLY DEFEATED ALL THAT STAND IN HER WAY! LET'S HEAR IT FOR RINA!"

The crowd went wild again, whistling and cheering.

Blue orbs carefully watched as a silhouette appeared and soon revealed a young girl, who was no older than himself. She was wearing a black sailor uniform with a white scarf tied around her collar and a skirt that showed off her slender legs. The supposedly male's mouth gaped open as she recognised her long black hair, and big black orbs.

'The girl from before!' She thought, 'the one who likes to observe me from afar.'

When both had reached the ring, the first one to speak was Rina.

"My, my, looking closer, you are more handsome!" She cupped her own cheek as she eyed 'him' greedily, "I'm adding you to my collection!"

Her brow twitched instinctively in disgust at the comment but kept silent. As if she ignored it, she took of her contacts and placed them in their case, then pocketed it.

"Ahhh~! Those alluring red eyes! Now I want you even more!" Rina sang, blood rushing to her cheeks. A folding fan fell from her sleeve, her hand catching it. With a flick of her wrist, the fan opened and exposed a design resembling white sakura petals.

Rubbing her neck, Ace shrugged, "Try and see if you can."

Noting her words, the brunette grinned widely. "Shall we begin then, love?"

"START!"

Almost instantaneously, Ace disappeared from her spot, leaving her cap on the floor, only to appear again behind Rina. She aimed a kick at her head, but was blocked using the fan. Foreseeing such a defence, Ace locked her neck between her feet and turned her body swiftly. Rina was knocked down to the ground, coughing.

"CLEAN HIT! ONE POINT FOR ACE!" The commentator announced, raising his arm in the air.

The brunette growled,"How rude." then stood up, not willing to back down. Fanning herself, the petals peeled off and started to dance around her. "You must be punished accordingly."

She waved her fan, and the petals promptly flew straight to Ace, accompanied by a strong gust of wind. Instinctively, Ace bend down and covered her face with her arms to avoid being blinded. In every touch any petal made, it left cuts, and tattered clothing.

"CLEAN HIT! ONE POINT! PAYBACK BY RINA!"

"Hmm, you look cuter with your hair that way."Rina bubbled. It took a while for the silverette to register what she said, due to the slight lightheadedness. Her eyes trailed down to her feet and saw long strands of white hair. Her hand unconsciously felt her scalp, tracing her hair down to the tip, which now barely reached her neck.

 Her hand unconsciously felt her scalp, tracing her hair down to the tip, which now barely reached her neck