Chapter 26: Phantom Troupe

[Third Person POV]

"Ace, are you here? We're back! Come out so that we can tell you what happened!" Gon shouted as he entered the hotel room.

But no reply came.

Instead, they heard muffled noises coming from the bedroom.

Leorio felt the hair on the back of his neck stand. "W-what was that?"

"Ace, obviously." Killua rolled his eyes.

Gon pouted. "Are you guys still fighting?"

Leorio furrowed his eyebrows. "They were fighting?"

Before Killua could even say a word, the noises became louder.

"Isthisasign?AmIreallymeanttobeaguymywholelife?EvenNeterosaidalltheotherCat'sEyeownersareguys.ShouldImakethisafulltimething?"

"She's talking so fast! I can't understand what she's saying at all!" Leorio scratched his head.

"Eh? You don't?" Gon asked as he walked towards the bedroom door. When he opened it, the three of them saw Ace hugging her knees in the corner, with her back turned to them.

"NowtheyallknowtheStrayCatisagirlhowcouldIevergooutwearinggirlyclothesagain?Ilikethoseclothes.I'mreallymeanttobeaguyaren'tI?Maybethisis punishmentforbeingsogoodlooking..."

"She's wearing her jacket and shorts again!" Gon realized.

Then he frowned.

"Killua, this is all your fault!"

"Hah? How is it my fault?!"

"Wait, wait! Guys, we still need to snap Ace out of it."

>>After a few unsuccessful attempts>>

Ace sighed.

"So you guys joined? I'm counting on you guys to not rat me out."

"Of course! Don't worry about it!" Gon reassured her.

"And you guys plan to look for them? Without any leads?" Ace crossed her arms over her chest. "Isn't that stupid?"

"Got any better ideas?" Despite the taunting tone of Killua's voice, he was curious to know what Ace could contribute.

"Their hideouts." She shrugged. "I've worked with them a few times during my assassin days."

'Actually, Chrollo-nii just contacts me via hawk, so I've never been to any of their hideouts. Queen-nee listed down the locations so I could avoid them... How ironic.' Ace thought to herself.

"There's one near here." She said.

"WHAT?!"

"Mmhm, but I don't really recommend paying a visit." She advised. "If what you said is true, that they're coming here for their auction, they'll be staying over there."

After a short pause she continued, "I can go check first though." She took the complimentary pen from the sidetable and wrote on her palm to check if there was any ink.

"No!" Killua protested. "It's too dangerous for you to go alone!"

"You only make it sound like you want to come along." Ace commented but dismissed it as she told them, "You guys should go buy the catalogue for the auction first. I'll go ahead."

"Hey--" Killua tried to stop her but Ace didn't listen or even hesitate before jumping out of the nearest window.

"I'll be back!" Landing in a crouch like cat, she shouted. Not turning back, she left.