Chapter 9: Priorities

I cried myself dry.

It had been a couple hours since Ros..., since she had left.

I started to notice that I had to head back home, it was getting darker and I needed to talk to Bella. I needed to tell her about everything, about my relationship with Rosalie.

I needed to mourn.

There was no other word more fitting to everything that I was feeling.

I let out a few more dry sobs as I drag myself up from the floor and to my car, I did not realize how cold it had gotten until I felt my fingers were almost frostbite.

I started the engine, eying my cellphone on the cup holder. It was a recent model that she had gotten for me after I had dropped mine in a ride on Disney World.

There was a swirl of feelings circling my stomach, I pulled out my inhaler and took another shot.

It was almost empty; I had used it so much in the last hours so that was not surprising. I then realized that I had to ask my dad to get me my prescription again.

Pressing my foot on the gas pedal felt comforting, once I got off the dirt road making stopped to watch for cars before joining the highway. I contemplated my two options and turned to the opposite side form the way home. Getting there was not appealing, I wanted to escape for a while and I knew that a whippy Bella was waiting for me at home, that assuming that she did not leave with them as well.

Once in the highway I started noticing how fast the trees where flashing by, I was really focusing on the road and not crashing so I did not bother to look at the dash to see how fast I was going.

After some time, I realized that I was now more close to Port Angeles than what I was to Forks, so I decided it was time to turn around.

It was night time now and I was still refusing to check my phone, it had been blowing up in the past hour I had been driving but I just assumed that it was either Bella or Charlie trying to know where I was.

It was not like me to simple disappear and since Charlie assumed that I was with the Cullens – he was aware of Rosalie tutoring me and then us hanging out after-, so I had an intact alibi.

Then it occurred to me that perhaps Charlie could know about the Cullen's moving out of Forks, Carlisle must've notify the Hospital, in a town as small as this one it would not surprise me the gossip had spread like dynamite.

I spent the way back home thinking of the best excuse as to why I had disappeared all afternoon, for Charlie's sakes.

When I made the final turn too my street my heart skipped, there were 5 police cars on our driveway along with Billy Black's and Harry Clearwater's trucks.

As soon as I parked on the first available space, I could hear all of them calling for Charlie. I frowned and killed the engine, suddenly getting an aguish feeling on my chest.

Had something happen?

"Soffia Grace!" Charlie ran towards me with a frenetic and maniac look on his face, his hands gripped my shoulders but I was too shocked for his reaction that made no comment, once he made sure that I was okay he embraced me in a hug "Where the hell have you been?"

He pushed me away still not letting go of my shoulders, he turned to my car like he was looking for someone.

"Is Bella with you?" his question had the same reaction on my body as if someone had thrown a bucket of iced water on me.

"No" I gasped, was she lost?

"I haven't heard from you guys on all day, I saw you both leaving on different cars this morning but since Bella's truck is here I thought that perhaps she was with you" he passed an arm through his hair desperation still on his features, he spun around half expecting that since I had arrived perhaps Bella would appear out of thin air.