Chapter 6: Time has come

"Did you bring everything?" Rosalie smiled at me as I threw the duffel bag on the back seat of the Mercedes, she was picking up to go to school but after it, we were going straight to her house. Today was Bella's birthday and Alice had planned a party for her. It was just going to be an intimate evening with just the Cullen Family.

Asking Rosalie to pick me up earlier than usual was just to give Bella and Edward some space since I was trying to be on her good graces as I was telling her about my relationship with Rosalie today.

I was nervous, but also really excited.

"I think I have everything" I shrugged my shoulders "My dress for the party, Pajamas and a change of clothes for tomorrow" I listed with my fingers as I went on "Alice said that she would do my makeup and hair at your house, and that she had everything she needed for that"

Rosalie hummed in amusement at her psychic sister "Alice's gift is useful like that..." she gave me a shy smile "Have you asked her, how it would go tonight?"

My smile deflated a little, but I quickly recovered "No"

"Do you want me to ask her?" she kindly offered thinking that perhaps I was too embarrassed to ask her myself, I placed my hand on top of hers in the gear shift.

"It does not matter" her eyes widened at my sincerity "I am nervous but I am also thrilled, whether Bella is okay with me dating you or not, does not intervene the fact that we are and I have no plans of changing that"

It was strange to feel this empowered but having Rosalie was all I needed and if my sister did not approve then it was her problem, just like it was Renee's.

Rosalie was staring at me a little different after my short speech, her eyes were like melted gold irises and they held a warmness in them. She ignited once more the engine and we went on our way.

"You thought I would chicken out?" I joked knowingly, but Rosalie seemed a little guilty -instead of making me upset-, I giggled.

"In my defense" she cleared her throat regaining her smug composure "I have been doing research and humans make a huge deal out 'coming out' as they name it"

It was weird to hear Rosalie talk with modern slang, but that was not what caught my attention.

"Research?" I tried to keep a straight face, but the corners of my mouth perked up, betraying me.

She rolled her eyes and slapped my leg lightly.

"What did your research said?" I asked curious, Rosalie hesitated "I could use some of it, please?"

"It was mostly about how to help or support a person going through this" she swayed her hand nonchalant.

Curiosity rose on my chest, 'coming out' was a modern notion. Something that –thank God- with the pass of time was becoming more normal. However, Rosalie was born in a time in which it was not normal, nor acceptable.

"Have you always known?" that was something I have been wondering. Since when Rosalie was attracted to women? She had mentioned that she was not all too content with the marriage her parents had arranged for her. Did she said that because she was not in love with that scumbag or was it because she would've had rather being engaged to a woman?

"Have I always known what?" the fact that she was stalling, made me shift nervously on the passenger seat. Suddenly I felt like I was pressing a subject she was not ready to talk about.

"I always knew that I did not care who I liked, men or women" I stated, trying to get a point across to make her feel more comfortable about the topic "Of course, that was before meeting you since then I had no inclination of liking anybody else" I shrugged my shoulders "The fact that you are a woman is just a great and wonderful coincidence"