Chapter 16: I Miss You

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked Kim that had propped on the counter right next to the fridge.

"Do you have any juice?" she inquired, I opened the fridge and looked for the box of cranberry juice.

"Here" I handed her both a glass and the box. She served herself and took a sip

I dropped on the chair at the table in front of her.

"Where is everybody?" Kim jumped off the counter and drew a chair closer to mine, and propped her leg up mine.

"Charlie is at work" I shrugged my shoulders "And Bella is with..."

"Here" Kim interrupted me as Bella came rushing through the door.

Soon she entered the kitchen passing a hand through her hair, she looked really agitated. I slapped Kim's leg off mine, she rolled her eyes but complied.

"Oh" Bella turned around and jumped, she hadn't realized we were here "Hi, guys"

"What is wrong?" I questioned her, it was obvious that she was going through something.

"I just got myself into going to the movies with Mike" she groaned.

"Just invite Jessica and the other and make it a group thing" I smirked.

Bella's eyes bulged "You are a genius"

She headed for the kitchen phone and started dialing on it, Kim turned to me with an arched eyebrow.

"Mike is a guy that follows Bella around and is constantly asking her out" I rolled my eyes.

"You coming too, right?" Bella asked me as she was waiting for the other line to pick up.

I shook my head profusely, Bella was about to try and convince me to go but the call picked up and focused on it.

"We are still on for Friday night right?" Kim nudged me on the knee to get my attention.

I smiled "Sure but Leah said she was going to be with her mom"

"Right" Kim grimaced "Sue and Harry are meeting with a lawyer"

I nodded with a sigh.

"She said that she is going to be with her mom for moral support" Kim scratched the back of her neck.

I did not say anything; I was feeling for Leah.

"Do you want to meet Jared?" Kim asked me out of the blue, I blinked.

"What?"

"Jared" Kim repeated "Do you want to meet him?"

I eyed Bella but she was still talking on the phone. Embry's words were still on my mind, all about how Sam and Jared were in a 'gang'.

"I don't know" I bit my lip, it was not about the gang thing but about Leah.

I knew she would be upset that the time that she cannot come, we start to invite Jared along.

"Please" Kim gave me the puppy eyes "He is a really nice guy and has been dying to meet you"

"Meet me?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He knows we are friends" Kim shrugged her shoulders.

"No Sam" I pointed my finger at her in warning.

"No Sam" she promised with a huge smile on her face.

"Are you sure this is going to be okay?" I bit my lip a little nervous.