Chapter 25

Atsumu's POV

Hmph.. I'm not surprised that mom and dad would know about Aiko. I'm sure a dozen people have tried to take pictures of me with Aiko when we'd go between our home and to the team practice since I kept her with me all the time. 

"Are you alright Atsumu..?"

"Not really.."

"Well, don't worry. It isn't like they can take her from you."

"I'm not worried about that..!"

"No??"

"Osamu, what're they gonna do, wrestle me for my kid? No. I'm just, I'm worried I'll see them again." I grumbled, turning around when Aiko hopped over. She giggled and held up a stuffed bumblebee.

"Daddy look. It looks like you." She said, making Suna smile and Osamu burst out laughing. I chuckled, picking her up.

"Heyyyyy why do you say that?"

"Your hair!" She said, referring to my blonde top and black sides. I smiled and rolled my eyes, kissing her cheeks. After setting her back down, she ran over to Sakusa and showed off other toys to him. Aiko ended up having a bit of a show-and-tell with all of us. 

We sat on the couch while Aiko was having a grand Time running between Osamu and Suna's bedroom for the toys, and then back here. By the end of presenting all of us the toys, she was tuckered out. She ended up climbing into my lap and sleeping.

"I think that's our cue to get home. Thanks Suna, thanks Osamu." I said, Sakusa helping me up and carrying the bag of toys. My brother and his boyfriend wished me good luck as I headed home with Sakusa.

Sakusa's POV

Atsumu was being oddly quiet ever since he heard that his mother and father heard and knew about Aiko. I don't blame him. There's no doubt that they would try to find a way to see their grandchild. Likely not to love her. But to hurt her dad. 

"Atsumu. Are you concerned about your parents?"

"Yeah.. I mean they don't know where we live. At least I don't think so. But I mean, everyone knows where we practice and anyone can buy a ticket to our games..."

"I know. But as your brother said, they cannot take your daughter from you." I said, Atsumu nodding as we reached our apartment. I unlocked the door and put the toys away while Atsumu held his daughter. He held her by her bed, but didn't put her down.

"Is something wrong, Atsumu?"

"...Can she stay with us tonight?" He asked quietly. I nodded, letting him lay her down in our bed. We both changed before cuddling Aiko between us. Of course she turned to face her dad. Even after only a little over a week, she and her father have seemed to have quite the bond.

I knew Atsumu loves her to no end. And I must admit, I'm a bit concerned that his parents will come to find and see Aiko as well. Atsumu can protect his daughter, but there's no guarantee he can protect himself. 

Next day at practice

I sighed to myself as I stretched, working on stretching my leg that felt sore. The others stood around talking and stretching as well. Aiko was sitting at her normal spot playing with a stuffed grey fox and some coloring books that we had brought today.

As the warmups began, Atsumu still seemed a bit quiet and a bit off. The others noticed and instead asked me if he was alright. I ignored them and said he was fine. And he was. Until the door gym doors opened.

"Sir, ma'am, you can't be in here. This is a private and reserved spot for the team." Our coach began, Meian looking over.

"We were given permission. To visit our son." 

I looked over at Atsumu who walked away from the team and over to Aiko. He picked her up as his mother and father walked over to him. His parents smiled at him and Aiko, everyone watching a bit awkwardly and quietly. 

Thanks to the large size fo the gym, I wasn't able to hear what they were saying since his parents seemed to be talking quietly. Atsum was a bit louder, but I still couldn't make out what he said. Soon, I had enough.

I walked over, Atsumu glancing away from everyone. As I got closer, I could hear what his parents were saying. Of course. They were not here to apologize for their behavior that they have demonstrated to their son all those years.

They have gone through the deep trouble of coming to our team's gym, a place that should be safe, just to berate Atsumu. To tell him he was still worthless. I could hear his mother say there was no surprise that if he wasn't just sleeping with people those one nights, he'd be a father at age 17.

Once I reached them all, I gently grabbed Atsumu's waist from behind and pulled him back and away from his parents. I looked at him, gently moving him far enough back to stand behind me. Atsumu said nothing, just holding Aiko tightly and resting his forehead against my back as I face his parents.

"Ah, Sakusa. I see you're still in our son's life. Is he still leeching off of you?" Atsumu's mom asked with a smile that was clearly meant to look polite, but anyone could tell she was being cruel.

"He isn't your son."

"Pardon me?"

"He is not. Your. Son."

"I beg to differ!"

"I don't."

"You know, this is no way to treat-"

"You are not one to talk about how to treat someone. You lost your place as his parents when you kicked him out years ago. Since then, he has been on his own."

"Parents kick their kids out all the time, Sakusa. That does not change the fact he is our son, and that she is our granddaughter." His mom said with a smirk. I took a large step forward, standing centimeters away from both his mother and his father. I was taller than both.

"She is not your granddaughter. Neither of you have a right to see her. Now. I suggest you leave us, and our daughter, alone."