Chapter 6

Atsumu's POV

I ended up staying at Sakusa's pretty much till evening. We didn't really do anything aside from talk or watch TV. And Sakusa cleaned for a while, but I really, really enjoyed it.. But I had to head home since we both had school in the morning.

The entire walk home I was probably smiling like an idiot. I felt all fuzzy inside and I kinda just wanted to go back to Sakusa's. I missed holding him. I was surprised when he let me, I really hadn't meant to. But it was true that I would normally just end up grabbing my pillows like that in my sleep.

Once I walked in the front door, I saw my parents sitting at the table eating dinner with Osamu. Osamu smiled faintly at me, but both my parents looked very displeased.

"Atsumu, there you are." My dad said. The sentence was simple but I could tell he was mad. I just nodded and apologized for being late before going to my room. I decided to ignore my pissed off parents and just flop on my bed with a smile.

There was a little knock on the door, my brother poking his head in. He chuckled and shut the door behind him before walking over and sitting next to me.

"So, who were you with all day? You look like you're in a good mood."

"I was with Sakusa."

"Sakusa... Sakusa Kiyoomi?? From Itachiyama?"

"Mhmm."

"Isn't he that germaphobe who stood in the corner the entire time?"

"Mhm."

"Wow he spent the whole day and night with you?"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean!" I said with a huff, Osamu laughing and shaking his head.

"Nothing, nothing. Well, I'm surprised but I'm glad you had fun... Do you like him?"

"...I think so.."

"You think so?"

"Well.. how did you know that you liked Suna?"

"Well. I'd always wanna be with him. And being with him made me happy."

"Did you get this stupid fuzzy feeling around him..?"

"Mhm."

"..Yeah. I'm pretty sure I like him." I admitted. I mean I knew, or at least I was pretty sure, I had a big crush on him anyway. But, after spending the night with him, I'm pretty sure that the crush is 100% confirmed. Osamu smiled and nodded as he got up.

"I'm glad." He said simply, walking off back to his own room. I went back to looking up at the ceiling, having quite a good time thinking about the past day. I couldn't get the thought of the feel of Sakusa's skin and body out of my head. 

It sounds dumb, I know.. But I've never really had any boyfriend or girlfriend before. I had one once... but he was just in it to try and get to see Osamu. But Sakusa has never asked about my brother before when we'd text. And it was just a small thing but it made me kind of happy.

Not like that "boyfriend" I had was any good. He didn't want to do anything with me. And I don't think I'd admit it to anyone else, but I had no friends.. There were the guys on the volleyball team, but they were just kind of like in-school friends. I never spoke to them outside of school. 

I was perfectly happy just thinking to myself until it was pretty late. Eh, I should probably get some sleep. I changed out of my clothes and was ready to go to bed when my door swung open. I looked over, my mom walking in with a sigh.

"..Did you need something so badly that you couldn't knock, mom?"

"That smart ass mouth of yours will get you nowhere Atsumu."

"...Sorry."

"Your sarcasm will get you nowhere either."

"What do you want mom."

"Why did you not let your father or I know that you would be gone so long?"

"I didn't think you'd care."

"What type of people do you take us for?"

"I'm just saying that you-"

"You know, I don't understand how you turned out so selfish and rude. We've raised you and your brother the same. And you are nothing like him."

"...Because I'm not my brother."

"Hm?"

"..I'm not Osamu."

"I suppose you're right." My mom said, surprising me. Normally she'd just tell me that I should be like Osamu and then leave. Maybe she was finally gonna understand that Osamu and I-

"You're an arrogant, selfish, rude child. Whereas your brother always lets your father and I know where he is. I'm very disappointed in you Atsumu. Why can't you be more like your brother?" She said, walking off. 

I hated those words.

I hated them more than anything. 

I quietly stood there, looking down at my hands. I didn't realize I was crying until a tear made a quiet noise as it fell onto the ground. I grit my teeth and wiped my eyes. There's no way I should be crying over this. I was used to hearing this all the time. Yet, I still got affected by it each time.

I didn't even want to be here anymore. Just being in the same house as my parents made me upset at this point. It wouldn't be so bad if every once in a while I heard a "we love you just as much as your brother" or a "You tried and that's all we can ask" from them. I couldn't stay here right now.

Sakusa's POV

Who was here at, 1 in the morning? I got out of bed, putting my mask on before answering the door. 

"...Atsumu???"

"...Sorry. I-"

"Come in." I said, stepping aside so he could walk in. I closed and locked the door, taking my mask off carefully as I looked at Atsumu. He looks like he was crying.

"Sorry for bothering you so late.. I just, I... I should go home.." He said, trying to walk back to the door. I grabbed his hand as he walked past.

"No, you can stay." I said before realizing that I was touching Atsumu and he wasn't clean. But it wasn't bothering me. It was almost like he wasn't dirty. I shook off the thought and just pulled him to the couch.

"Tell me what's wrong."