Chapter 9

Sakusa's POV

...

I was staring too much. I turned my head away, quietly taking my own clothes off as the warm water ran into the tub. Once the tub was sufficiently filled, I took my mask off and set it aside before taking Atsumu's hand and quietly getting in the water with him. 

My face felt really warm.. 

"Like what ya see Sakusa??" Atsumu said with a slight smirk. I realized I was staring at him again.

"I will kick you out." I grumbled, shoving the bottle of body wash at him. He laughed, taking the bottle and clumsily pouring some in his hand. I took the bottle afterwards and put some into my own palm before realizing Atsumu was still a bit uncoordinated from the alcohol.

"...Here, just let me do it." I said quietly, scooting closer. My face felt even warmer as we had to intertwine legs so I could face him and be close enough to wash him. 

"Hey Sakusa, your cheeks are red." Atsumu said, sounding a little worried. I just mumbled that I was fine as I ran my hands along Atsumu's body. My fingers gently ran over every part of his body from his neck, down to his shoulders... down his chest to his abs...

"...I refuse to wash anywhere lower. Now give me your arm." I said quickly, pulling my hand away as Atsumu extended his arm. My face must be beet red by now but I couldn't exactly hide it at the moment. So I just tried to wash him quickly before telling him rinse off and go take a pair of my clothes that were clean.

He should be fine, I was a little bit taller so he should fit pretty much anything. Once he was out of the bathroom, I silently washed myself and got out as well. I walked into my room to find Atsumu in my bed. 

Looks like he decided that no shirt was needed... At least he was wearing sweatpants. I changed as well before pointing to the bathroom attached to my room.

"Go brush your teeth."

"Mmm, only if you'll come with me." He said, making me sigh but I wasn't about to sleep next to him if his breath smelled like alcohol. We walked into the bathroom and I got him another new toothbrush and applied the toothpaste for him. I just stood there quietly while he brushed his teeth and rinsed.

I made him let me smell his breath. Nope, still could smell it. I shoved some mouthwash at him and a small paper cup and had him rinse and repeat until all the smell was gone and he only smelled of mint. Atsumu tossed out the brush and cup before hopping back into me bed with me following behind. 

We laid down together facing each other. Atsumu seemed to be sobering up a bit, and now he just looked kinda sad. Actually, not kind of. He looked downright miserable.

"Atsumu..?"

"...Can I hold you..?" He asked in a quiet voice. I nodded, letting him wrap his arms around me and pull me to his chest. He cuddled me up close to him before passing out. I just laid still, thinking about a lot. Why were his touches not disgusting? His touches felt like something I was missing and craving this past month. And no one else could fulfill that craving. Only Atsumu... 

Next Morning

I slowly opened my eyes, being met with... with the best sight in the world.

 with the best sight in the world

"Morning Sakusa.."

"...Good morning." I said as I looked at Atsumu. He smiled slightly at me before sitting up.

"Hey, sorry about last night."

"Don't be. I was the one who told you to come here with me."

"...Thank you."

"Atsumu, your brother told me about what you've been up to this past month."

"..He did?"

"Yes, that's how I found you drunk."

"Oh..."

"Why were you doing such things?"

"..It's just. I mean.. I guess that the stuff I was doing.. You know, it made me forget about stuff and it just felt good. And my parents don't care. They never even tried to stop me once, only scold me. So I kept doing it for fun..."

"Did you get into these habits because of what I did...?"

"...Partially."

"Partially?"

"Well, I may or may not have gotten suspended from school last month. And, my dad oh so lovingly said I was just a disappointment to our family. So, if I was gonna be a disappointment for trying to behave... then I thought why not do what I want. I didn't feel like I had anything else.." Atsumu said, looking ready to cry. 

I furrowed my brows slightly, slowly sitting up as well and cupping his cheeks. Atsumu sniffled, looking at me before wiping his eyes and pulling his face away.

"Sorry.. you didn't need to know all this. And Osamu shouldn't have gotten you involved. I'll head off now." He said, getting up quietly. I got up as well.

"Are you headed home?"

"...Yeah."

"You're lying."

"..."

"Are you going to go try and get drunk again already? To make yourself feel happy?"

"...Yeah."

"No you aren't. You're staying here."

"What? But, what time even is it..? Sakusa you have school."

"Then I will call off today. You're going nowhere like this."

"Sakusa..."

"Come here." I said softer. Atsumu walked over, looking up at me with eyes that were glossed over with tears. He sniffled again and rested his forehead against my chest. I let him cry, despite his efforts to try and hide the fact that he was.

My mind wandered back to when he told me that he liked me. I had told myself that he didn't, that he was just upset from being yelled at and was looking for someone to say otherwise to him. But I was starting to think that wasn't the case anymore. 

He was clearly breaking. And he had someone to go to. He had his brother who clearly did care enough about him to contact me. But Atsumu seemed to only want to come to me. And... I wanted him to come to me. I wanted to help him. Something in me wanted him to want and need me. Something in me wanted him.

"Sakusa?" Atsumu said as he slowly lifting his head. A clear tear stain left on my shirt. He looked at me as I cupped his cheeks.

"Yes??"

"May I kiss you..?"

"..Yeah..."