Chapter 2

Atsumu's POV

"Hey, Osamu! Hey Atusmu." Kita said as he walked over. Osamu and I said hello to our team captain as he asked Osamu to follow him. I furrowed my brows, watching him walk off with my brother. Kita never really talked to us unless it was about volleyball. So why was he just talking to Osamu. I was part of the team too... 

I sighed and just went to my locker to get my books for my first classes. I glanced over at Osamu's locker since it was right next to mine. It was pissing me off that I could already see some notes left in there for him. Surely they were confessions. I opened my locker and just grabbed my stuff before walking off. 

Classes were boring like always, but at least it was lunch. I saw Osamu walking with Suna, and they were holding hands. I know it was awful of me, absolutely awful... but sometimes I wished Suna would break up with my brother. Just so Osamu wouldn't get everything he wants..

I went outside and around the back of the school, sitting to eat quietly. A few people walked past, and I heard them snicker and look at me. Yeah, I must look like a loser sitting here alone eating when my brother was inside probably getting mobbed. Whatever.

I ignored the people and quietly looked through my phone. I guess a little bit of company would be nice... 

Me: Hey are you on lunch?

Sakusa: Yeah. You know my lunch period, there's no need to ask every time.

Me: I'm just being nice

Sakusa: Sure. Did you need something?

Me: No, I was just bored

Sakusa: I see

I huffed to myself. Even over the texts, he sounded bored of me... I glanced over when I saw someone walk over with a smile. They sat down next to me, much to my surprise.

"Hi Atsumu." It was a girl. I blinked a couple of times before smiling slightly back at her.

"Hi."

"You all alone out here?"

"Yeah, just, enjoying the quiet."

"Oh, makes sense! Hey, can I ask you something.." The girl asked, looking a bit shy. I slowly nodded, smiling at her to try and not make her uncomfortable.

"Of course, what is it?"

"I was wondering... if you could give this to Osamu for me?" She asked, handing me a small box. I looked down at it before furrowing my brows. Hm. I should've known better...

"...Yeah. Sure." I said, the girl thanking me as she got up and left. Once she was gone, I quietly opened the box. Yeah of course there were chocolates and a note in here for my brother. I closed and sealed the box again before looking back at my phone, glancing at Sakusa's last message. He seemed bored... so I wouldn't bother him anymore right now.

Osamu's POV

Finally the school day was over and we were back home. Though something seemed to be bother Atsumu. He went straight to his room and I heard his door slam, a bit louder than normal. I followed after him and opened the door.

"Hey Atsumu what's-"

"Here.." he said, throwing a box at my head. I raised my hands and the box hit them and then fell on the floor. What on earth was wrong with my brother.

I leaned down and grabbed the box, opening it to see that there were chocolates inside as well as a note from a girl. Atsumu crossed his arms, watching me look at the contents inside of the box.

"So. What's this..??"

"Some girl asked me to give it to you."

"Well, why didn't she give it to me herself?

"Because I'm sure you were just mobbed during lunch by everyone else and your boyfriend." Atsumu said, sounding Bitter. I walked over and sat at the foot of his bed, being careful in case he wanted to throw something else at me.

"Atsumu, what is wrong with you today?"

"What do you mean.."

"I dunno, you're acting more like an ass than usual."

"Fuck off."

"Hey you can tell me!"

"Why should I? It isn't like it'll ever be fixed. And you certainly can't help me."

"Well telling me might help, you know."

"...Osamu, I don't get it. I just don't.."

"What is it?"

"...Never mind.. I'd like to be alone right now." He mumbled, looking a bit sad. I furrowed my brows, but nodded. I knew when to not push my brother, so I got up and left. 

Atsumu and I might fight a lot, but he was still my brother. I was a bit worried about him. And it isn't just today, either. He's been acting more like an ass for a while now. And he wouldn't tell me why. Hopefully he'd snap out of it soon before mom and dad get too mad at him for giving them attitude.

Atsumu's POV

I groaned to myself. Okay I guess it was kind of mean to throw that gift at Osamu, but I just.. I rolled over onto my stomach and pulled my blanket over my head before quietly grabbing my phone. I really shouldn't bother him... but I really wanted to know.

Me: Hey are you busy?

Sakusa: No. I'm on my way home from school.

Me: Can I ask you something?

Sakusa: Sure

Me: Is it a bad thing I'm not like my brother??

Sakusa: No

Me: Really?

Sakusa: Why are you asking me this?

Me: I was just wondering

Sakusa: I see. Well. No I don't think it's a bad thing.

Me: Thanks. I'm actually pretty glad to hear that

Sakusa: Sure.

I smiled slightly at my phone. I'm glad that at least one person didn't think that me being, well, not Osamu, wasn't a bad thing. I stared at the screen, tapping my fingers before taking in a deep breath. What else do I got to lose..?

Me: Sakusa? I was wonder. If you aren't busy this weekend, would you want to hang out??

Sakusa: Sure

I nearly dropped my phone, feeling a bit shocked that Sakusa agreed. I reread the last few messages to make sure I had actually asked him to hang out and not asking something like.. I dunno, something dumb. After rereading it a few more times, I smiled slightly to myself. I suddenly found myself feeling excited for the weekend for the first time in a long time.