Chapter 3

Weekend: Sakusa's POV

I was careful to not lean on or touch anything while I was waiting for Atsumu. He messaged me and told me that he was almost here. Finally, I turned my head and saw him walking over.

"Sakusa!" He said with a smile. I stared at him, holding my hand up and he stopped walking. I reached into my pocket and extended a small spray bottle, that is supposed to be filled with something like glasses cleaner, with disinfectant.

Atsumu smiled faintly and held his hands out as I sprayed some into his hands. And wrists. After I put the bottle away, I reached into my other pocket and held out a mask.

"Would you like one?" I offered, knowing full well Atsumu probably wouldn't. I was the one who wanted him to wear the mask, but if he didn't, at least I had one on. Atsumu smiled slightly but took the mask and put it on, which rather pleased me.

"Better?" He asked, clearly smiling underneath the mask.

"Yes, better."

"Great. So! I was wondering if you'd wanna get something to eat first?"

"Sure." I followed Atsumu as he talked and talked. But I didn't particularly mind. He and I have only met a few times since he and I attend different schools. He texts me but I don't like using my phone too much because they can carry a lot of germs. 

I listened quietly as Atsumu told me about something that happened to him this past week. Apparently a girl really tried to use him to get closer to his brother. I find that type of behavior disgusting. 

Once we reached a little cafe, Atsumu said that we could sit outside if it made me more comfortable. I cleaned off my seat and the table, and offered to clean Atsumu's seat. He waited patiently and then sat down when I was done. I sat down as well as a waitress came over and gave us little menus.

We both ordered and waited for the food. Once it arrived, I very carefully took my mask off to make sure none of the fabric that was outward facing touched my face before eating.

Atsumu's POV

Finally the food was here so I could take off this stupid mask. I didn't really like it, but if it made Sakusa more comfortable, then I would wear it it for him. I couldn't help but continue glancing at Sakusa as he ate. He was really handsome without his mask, I have to say... 

He kinda seemed like the total opposite of me. The way he moved and even ate was very meticulous. Honestly it was probably to avoid as much contact with anything as possible, but he kept it under control. Kinda. Well spraying me and our seats was a touch excessive but, I didn't care. At least I knew I had no germs on me then I guess.

"Sakusa, how's school been going for you?"

"It's been fine. What about you."

"Meh."

"Mm?"

"I dunno. Boring classes and volleyball and school has just been, meh lately."

"Why?"

"...I don't wanna bore you with it." I said while forcing a tiny smile, feeling a bit upset. I didn't want Sakusa to think I was just some, I dunno, whiny person. Which.. I kinda was I guess but I knew that if I got into it that I wouldn't shut up. Sakusa tilted his head, setting his food down and carefully wiping his hands before sipping his drink.

"It won't be boring. Go ahead." He said. I tapped my fingers on the table in thought. Should I? I mean, I haven't told anyone else because I didn't think I really had anyone else to tell. Osamu tried to get me to tell him, but I almost felt like he'd call me stupid over it. And, I felt like I could trust Sakusa...

"You sure you wanna know? I might not shut up once I talk about it...."

"I don't mind."

"Well, it's just.. I don't understand why everyone considers my brother to be the better twin. He's always being complimented by our team for his playing. I guess yeah technically he's better, but it just.. I don't understand why the team thinks He's so great. And then, my brother is dating someone. Yet he still gets all the confessions in the school.. And the only time anyone there talks to me, it's usually to ask me about Osamu this, Osamu that. And don't get me started about our parents.." I grumbled a bit angrily all in one breath. 

I glanced at Sakusa who just looked at me quietly. Great.. He probably thought I was some super problematic kid and wouldn't ever want to talk to me again. My cheeks turned red in embarrassment as I put money down to pay for my food before getting up.

"Sorry.. I said too much. I should get going-" 

"No, you can stay. Unless you really want to leave." 

I looked at Sakusa a bit surprised. I didn't want to leave... I was dying to stay with him some more.. But I was afraid that I was just dumping issues on him. But this was probably one of the only chances I would get to see him, so I sat back down slowly. 

"Do you want to tell me about your parents?" Sakusa asked gently. I bit my lip with a huff. I was considering it.. It felt nice to tell someone who was actually listening to me..

"You uh, won't get to bored? Or, annoyed??"

"No. I won't."

"Alright... well, I guess school I can kinda understand. I mean. High schoolers are gonna be high schoolers. But our own parents even favor Osamu over me I feel. I'm always the one being scolded for things. And.. maybe I'm not a great kid. I don't know.. but I can't tell you how many times I've heard my parents ask me "Why can't you be like your brother." 

I said quietly, trying to not cry. Now I just felt stupid. I never wanted to cry over this. I always told myself that it didn't bother me, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it did bother me, a lot. 

All my thoughts went derailing REAL fast when I felt someone's hand touch mine. I looked up quickly, seeing Sakusa lay his hand over mine. I stared at him in complete and utter shock that he was touching me. But.. it felt really nice.