Chapter 8

A month time skip: Atsumu's POV

It's been a month since I told Sakusa that I liked him and he told me he didn't feel the same. Since then, I haven't tried to talk to him. I didn't want to bother him anymore.. I didn't have much else going for me, so I let myself do whatever. I let myself spiral. 

I quit the volleyball team, but I knew no one cared. I started skipping school more and more and hanging out with random people. I'd even seduce older guys to get them to buy me things or drinks. Sometimes things ended up going further and I'd end up spending the night in random people's apartments. Fucking or getting fucked. 

But I stopped caring. I was happy when I was drunk and I wasn't thinking of anything during sex. Both my parents expressed their disappointment in me daily, but they would be disappointment in me no matter what I did, so may as well have fun.

The only person who seemed to semi-care was my brother. But what could he do. He wouldn't intervene. He was the angel child. He was the one who worked hard and got all the straight A's and was a star volleyball player. He wouldn't soil that for me. 

Osamu's POV

I sighed as I laid in my room. Atsumu wasn't here again... I knew where he was. He was either getting drunk or sleeping around with strangers. It was worrisome. Atsumu was only 17, he was my age, and he was out of control. There were times he'd come home hungover or flat out drunk. And I was scared something would happen to him.

I knew our parents didn't exactly.. treat him fairly. But I never intervened. Maybe I should have. Maybe if I had stuck up for my own brother sometimes, then he wouldn't feel the need to be doing all this stuff to get some kind of kick out of life.

Gee, I knew he got into drinking and stuff. I hope he wasn't going to get into stuff like drugs.. I've tried talking to him, but he'd just blow me off and leave. And I couldn't talk to him in school since he'd almost never show up anymore. And I knew that if my parents talked to him, all Atsumu would do would run off to go numb himself... 

There was one person who he might listen to.. 

Sakusa's POV

I sighed, carefully putting my things into my bag before heading home. On the walk back to my apartment, my phone started buzzing.

Osamu: Hey, Sakusa?

Me: yes?

Osamu: Hey so, I know we don't exactly talk. But I need to talk to you about something really, really important.. it's about my brother.

Me: What is it?

Osamu: I don't know what happened between you guys, like, I don't know if you guys are still talking or anything. But, could I ask you to talk to Atsumu?

Me: Why?

Osamu: He's been getting himself into a lot of trouble, and I'm worried it'll just get worse. and he won't listen to me or anyone else

Me: What kind of trouble

Osamu: Please don't think less of him for this. But, trouble as in he's been getting people to buy him drinks and spending nights in random people's apartments. I'm just afraid that if you don't talk to him, then he'll get in even more trouble

What...? Atsumu was doing what..? I reread the last message a couple of times. Atsumu hasn't talked to me since that night.. I wasn't the reason he was doing this, was I..???

Me: Yeah, I'll talk to him

I returned to my apartment and put my things away. I didn't need to shower since I showered at school after practice. But where could I find Atsumu? I tried to call or text him but he wasn't answering. And I wasn't sure where he lived. I asked Osamu for their address and quietly headed that direction.

There was no guarantee that Atsumu would be there, but there was a chance he would wander home and he had to return to his home eventually. I hung around the home for a while. It was a lot nicer than I had expected. Finally, I saw Atsumu walking closer.

"Atsumu." I called out as he stumbled a little bit past me. He must have not even seen me. He looked at me, squinting slightly since it was getting dark out. 

"Sakusa?? Sakusa!" He said, laughing as he wrapped his arms around me. Ugh. Even through this mask I could smell that he was drunk. It smelled awful. I let him hang onto me before sighing.

"Atsumu.."

"I've missed you so much! I miss talking to you and getting to hug youuu!" He said, nuzzling his face closer to my neck. I could feel the heat from his face as an effect of being drunk. 

...I have to admit that being hugged by him again did feel nice. After I realized that Atsumu wasn't talking to me, I had tried to be a little more open with other people at my school. But none of them were the same. They all disgusted me with their touches. They were all dirty.

"Come on Atsumu."

"Mm? Where're we going??"

"Back to my place. You're drunk."

"Oh I'm not THAT drunkkk!" He said with another laugh. I just shook my head, pulling myself from his grip and grabbing his hand to drag him back to my apartment. Once we were there, I took him to the bathroom.

"You need to take a bath. You reek of alcohol." I said, turning to leave him when he grabbed my waist.

"Bathe with me Sakusaaa." He said, pulling me closer. I looked down at his hands quietly. 

"...You're capable of doing that yourself."

"Please?" He asked, looking at me with a pout. I stared at him before taking in a breath. 

"Okay. Fine. Just once." I said. The only reason I was agreeing was because he may not clean himself properly in his current state. Besides, I wanted to bathe too after getting some of the alcohol and smoke smell on me...

I've seen others naked before in the showers. And they've seen me. But was I seriously about to get in the same bath as Atsumu...? I sighed heavily when Atsumu let go of me and started taking his clothes off.

Yes, yes I was.