Chapter 4: Majarlika

Majarlika De Luna

The guy wasn't able to say anything after that. He was just staring at Majarlika as if she was a huge mystery that he needed to unravel.

Inabot na lang ni Majarlika ang libro sa tabi sa buhanginan at binuklat sa pahina kung saan niya ito huling inwan bago muli nagsalita. "If you plan on staring the whole time, might as well consider sitting down. Mangangalay ka niyan." She tapped the space beside her.

Maja didn't expect anything from him, but then he did so, she just shrugged and turned her book to the next page. He seems harmless and no one's still around the beachfront so maybe this is a nice way to start her morning.

She felt his growing stares on her shoulder so she spoke again, "It's rude to stare, you know? Go ahead and ask for my name. Don't be shy." She turned to him and smiled.

"You're weird," he uttered with confused eyes.

She only shrugged. "I get that a lot."

Maja doesn't get why people say that she's weird just because she speaks what she feels. Is it not a common thing to do? She's a human with emotions meant to be expressed.

Why complicate things, anyway?

He didn't talk, but he didn't remove his eyes on her, either. As if she has this invisible aura and he's drawn to it.

Majarlika laughed inside her head with that thought.

"If you keep on staring at me like that, iisipin ko na na love at first sight ka sa akin," she smiled at him as she threw that joke.

He raised a brow. " Confident much, are we?"

She just shrugged and he smirked.

"I heard about the news. Break na talaga kayo?" She asked nonchalantly. She doesn't want to sound nosy, but it's her curiousity that drives her at the moment.

"Curious about my life now?"

She shrugged again. "Can't help it. News about you is everywhere."

"And you're curious, too."

"Bawal ba?" She tilted her head sideways.

He sat up straight and folded his legs up. "Not really. You just give me this innocent vibe and thought for a while that celebrity dramas and shits are not your thing."

"You're actually correct," she nodded her head enthusiastically. "I don't watch local dramas. Plots are too cliche, predictable, and not really inspirational. I mean, no offense meant."

"None taken," he grinned a little.

Natahimik sila ulit. Ginilid ni Majarlika ang ulo para sulyapan ang binata. He seems peaceful, but she feels as though he has things going on in his mind.

"So, break na nga kayo?" She asked again instead.

"Yep." He inhaled.

"You sounded a little off. Why not go and chase her? Suyuin mo para balikan ka," she suggested as if they're a long-time friend.

His lips twitched up. "It's not that easy. We cannot simply force people to keep on staying just because we're still stuck in the same place where they left us."

"What a quote," she chuckled. "Artista ka nga."

Grale's forehead creased with such amusement in his eyes. "Why? What's wrong about it?"

"You dropped those words as if they're a dropping line from a movie or something. Muntik na akong madala." She held her chest dramatically.

He just shook his head. "You're really weird," he glanced at her. "Kung ibang babae ka—"