Chapter 28: Majarlika

Majarlika De Luna

Two days ago when Grale left the resort. He didn't bother to wake her up and just left her a note on her bed side table. That made her smile when she tucked the note in between the pages of the book she's currently reading.

She went down the dining hall and the room was quite filled with guests. Perhaps it's because people finally have their short break. That's why the resort is quite jam packed with guests. Pero iba pa rin talaga tuwing summer. Mas marami pa rin ang natatanggap nilang guests kumpara tuwing undas break o Christmas break. Naisip rin niya kung makakapunta ba siya ng resort sa Christmas break sa susunod na buwan.

Usually she spends it with her family in the resort, but then she's not even sure if her parents would come home, especially that next month would also be her mother's delivery month.

She's gonna be a big sister next month.

Everytime her daddy calls her phone and updates her with her mom's condition she could really trace the excitement and joy in his voice. Of course, it has been nineteen years since he held a baby in his arms. His own baby.

That thought couldn't help but to draw a bitter smile on her lips.

Her mother didn't bother to call her. Not that she always calls her pero mula nang mag buntis ito ay hindi na nito tinawagan si Majarlika. Probably because of her pregnancy. She shouldn't be stressed out. Pero nakikita naman niya ito sa tuwing nag v-video call ang kanya daddy. She waves and smiles at her and she does the same back.

She's definitely missing her parents. Gusto niya na rin sanang umuwi na ang mga ito next month pero hindi niya alam kung pwede na ba i-biyahe ang new born baby.

After eating at the dining hall, she went outside the resort to go to the seashore. She's carrying a book and her phone in one hand.

Umupo siya kung saan siya madalas pumwesto. May mga guests na sa paligid, ang iba ay naliligo na sa dagat and she couldn't deny the few stares she's getting at.

Tinignan niya ang phone at hindi pa siya nakakatanggap ng reply mula kay Grale. Marahil tulog pa ito.

They talked last night until almost midnight. Pinakinggan niya ang mga kwento nito tungkol sa rehearsal nila kahapon. Bukas na ang simula ng road tour nila ni Elisse kaya magkakaroon din ito ng rehearsal buong araw.

She smiled. She loves Grale's dedication when it comes to his work. She can see the fire in his almond eyes and the excitement in his voice whenever he talks about it. He is so passionate and dedicated and the respect he has for his craft is beyond amazing. Those are just the few things she loves about him. Her superstar.

"Majarlika?"

She was pulled out of her thoughts about Grale when someone called her name. Lumingon siya sa kanyang kanan at nagulat nang makita si Iñigo na nakatayo roon.

"Iñigo?" She blinked.

Nakakunot pa rin ang noo nito at humakbang ulit palapit sa kanya. He was wearing a plain black shirt and gray sweatpants. May hawak pa itong baso na mukhang kape ang laman.

"Vacation?" She asked him, smiling.

Tumango lamang ito habang nakatitig pa rin sa kanya. Nginitian niya lamang ito at tinapik ang space sa kanyang tabi. Sumunod ito at umupo nga sa kanyang tabi, may ilang pulgadang nakapagitan sa kanilang dalawa.

"Vacation, too?" He asked back.

"Partly," she replied.

"Where are you checking in?" He asked again.