Chapter 39: Grale

Ashton Gralle Buenavista

Let's end this.

Let's end this.

Let's end this.

Those words kept on playing in his mind as everything around him slowed. Nablangko ang isip niya at napangko siya sa kanyang kinatatayuan. The smile from Majarlika's face while tears kept on falling from her eyes wrecked his ribcaged and shattered his heart into tiny little pieces. She's crying... She's crying because she's in pain... and it's solely because of him.

Let's end this...

Let's end this...

And when Majarlika gently yanked away from his hold, Grale could have sworn he had seen his own joy slipping away from his fingers, too. As if it has been stolen from him and he couldn't do anything about it except to watch it walk away from him. Away from him.

Nanlamig ang buong katawan niya kasabay nang paglaki ng kanyang mga mata at pag awang ng kanyang mga labi. He wanted to say something. To stop and argue. To prove his point and make her stay. But then... but then he couldn't find his own voice. Everything, everything that he has to say was trapped in his throat.

Majarlika is his joy. His second chance to find happiness again. His angel that was given to him by the universe to make him find his way back to his own self. The girl is his comfort, his rest in his crowded, pathetic life. The one who brings the best in him, the kindness in him, the joy in him.

Majarlika is his home.

Let's end this...

Let's end this...

"Maja!"

Majarlika is his home and now... now he just witnessed everything fall apart.

"Grale si Maja!"

The swiftness of the rushing wind coming from his back and the yelling of Migs and Dean pulled him back in the present. Mabilis na dinaluhan ni Migs at Dean si Majarlika na bumagsak na sa sahig. Grale's breath hung from his throat. He immediately rushed to Mig's side who's now holding the unconscious Majarlika on the floor.

He swallowed as Migs handed her to him. Hindi niya ininda ang lamig ng tiles at mahinang tinapik-tapik ang pisngi ng nobya, sinusubukang gisingin ito. "M-Maj, baby, wake up. Baby, wake up, please. Maj, open your eyes, p-please," his voice broke but Majarlika didn't move.

"We need to bring to the hospital," Migs stated, wary in his voce.

"I'll get the car," Dean volunteered and immediately rushed away.

"Carry her, Grale," Cathy held his shoulder, cheeks stained with tears.

Mabilis siyang kumilos patayo at binuhat si Majarlika. She's light and still unconscious in his arms, the colors from her face now paling. The beating in his chest hardened. Hindi siya makapag isip ng diretso dahil ang gusto niya na lang ngayon ay ang madala na si Majarlika si pinakamalapit na ospital.

"G-Grale..." Thea uttered in shock, palm pressed in her mouth as her gaze travelled down to the girl in his arms.

Gustong magalit ni Grale. Gusto niyang balingan si Thea sa lahat ng bigat na nararamdaman niya ngayon. He wanted to shout at her and curse her for cornering Majarlika and for hurting her. Gusto niya itong kumprontahin at ipaalala sa kanya nang paulit-ulit na tapos na sila at wala na siyang pakialam dito at ngayon ang respeto na lang sa babae ang dahilan kung bakit hindi niya ito nasasaktan.

But he needs to focus. Majarlika needs aid and they're bringing her there now. Wala na siyang pakialam pa kay Thea at hinayaan na si Cathy na sigaw-sigawan ulit ito bago sila tuluyang nakapasok ng elevator.