Chapter 19: Grale

Ashton Grale Buenavista

Grale woke up in the middle of the night with Majarlika sleeping beside him. She was facing the other side so he could only see her back and hair on the pillow.

A small smile drew his lips, but it erased when he remembered what he saw earlier.

It's true. He felt like a shit when he saw Majarlika crawling her way out of the sea in the middle of a heavy rain. But then the heaviness in his chest doubled when he held her in his arms and he caught a glimpse of her hazel eyes brimmed with emotions he couldn't get a hold of.

As if there was a story in her eyes she was afraid to narrate out loud. And Grale wanted to unravel that story.

He let out one sigh and just moved closer to Majarlika. Fix the comforter for the two of them and then pull her waist closer to him, her back pressing his chest.

She turned around and snuggled on his chest. He pressed a kiss on her forehead and then drifted again to sleep.

It's morning and Grale woke up without Majarlika beside him. Bumangon siya at hinanap ang dalaga, but then she's nowhere.

Suddenly, he remembered those times he would wake up in the morning with Thea already gone.

His chest tightened.

Naligo na siya at nagbihis. He reached for his camera and wore its strap on his one shoulder.

Bumaba siya sa dining pero wala si Majarlika. Si Joan ang naabutan niya roon.

"Maaga siyang nagising. Nasa tabing dagat, sir."

He thanked the manager and proceeded to leave the resort.

Kaagad niyang natanaw si Majarlika sa dalampasigan. She was standing in front of a canvas and there was a wooden chair beside her in which art stuff is on.

The sight was just too beautiful. Kaya Inilabas ni Grale ang cellphone and opened his IG account.

He took a short video of her and posted it with the caption:

'My girlfriend in her natural habitat.'

Grale smirked because he knew it would rock social media, especially her fans, but he cares nonetheless.

He's just so proud of his girl.

He readied his camera and took more photos of her. Palapit na siya nang palapit dito. Hanggang sa magpantay na sila.

She's wearing a strap cotton dress. On top of it is a cream cardigan but one side is falling so her bare shoulder was exposed. Her hair was on a lower bun.

He couldn't stop smiling when the lady turned on him, a paint brush on her hand suspended in the air.

"Kinukuhanan mo ba ako?" She asked, raising a brow on him.

"What?" He smirked back.

"I asked kung kinukuhanan mo ba ako."

Instead of answering her, Grale crossed their gaps and hugged Majarlika from her side, his chin resting on her exposed shoulder.

"You should've woken me up, Maj," he told her.

"You looked so tired, Grale..."

"I thought you were gone."

She chuckled. "Saan naman ako pupunta? Bakit naman kita iiwan?"

Then it hit Grale. Majarlika isn't like Thea. They are polar opposite.