secretary

Y/N had been hired as one of the secretaries for the peaky blinders. She had been at an interview two weeks earlier. Thomas had asked her a few questions, a few glances at her impressive resume before fully focusing on her.

"We need to hire another secretary for my brother and with your resume you're more than qualified for that job," Thomas had said.

Y/N realised pretty quickly that she was more hired to give her boss John something to look at. Something she had found rather odd since John was married to Esme. His focus had been all over her since her first day. She found him rather cute, thick headed yet cute. However sometimes he was occupying her, distracting her from doing her work.

"Y/N?" His voice filled her ears and she looked up from her papers after finishing to write the sentence.

"Yes Mr. Shelby?" Y/N said and looked him in the eyes.

"My office," He said and she nodded. "And bring the books." He added and she had them already in her arms. John closed the door behind them and she placed the books on his desk. She felt the air thicken as he walked over to her, his eyes scanning the papers as he stood beside her.

"I been going through these last months and it looks fine so—" Y/N as she bent over to reach for another piece of paper on the table. Johns eyes travelled down to her ass and his tongue wet his bottom lip before biting down.

"It looks really good Miss Y/L/N..." John mumbled as he admired how her tight skirt sat really flattering around her hips. She wore the skirt with thin black stockings and a blouse. He had seen the edge of the stockings when she had been sitting by her desk.

John fought the urge to push her against the desk and pull her skit up and let his name fall from her lips over and over again.

"Mr. Shelby?" Y/N asked and raised her brow and he blinked quickly. She handed him the paper in her hand and he took it.

"I'll bring you the report by this afternoon," Y/N spoke before leaving the office. A huff left his lips as he took a seat in his chair. He looked at her through the window to his office. He looked up and his eyes met Polls and he sucked on his teeth before continuing his work. Poll knew the mess John was close to get in.

"Esme!" Poll said and the young woman entered the office. "How's everything?" She asked.

"Poll," Esme greeted. "Good, need to see John." She continued before walking over to Y/N.

"Hello Y/N, is John free?" Esme asked and Poll raised her brow before taking a sip of her tea.

"Of course Mrs. Shelby," Y/N answered with a smile and Esme soon stumbled into the office and closed the door behind her. Poll walked over to Y/N.

"That wasn't yesterday," Poll said and Y/N looked at her with a frown. Poll had taken a liking to the young smart woman. Liking her enthusiasm, bold and bubbly personality. She had even though about asking the young woman to join them at the Garrison sometime. "Esme hardly visits him anymore," She mumbled.

"Trouble in paradise?" Y/N asked and her eyes widen slightly when she realised her words. "Sorry, not for me to ask." She quickly added.

"It's alright, everyone knows already," Poll said as she rested against the desk. Both women looked inside the office, seeing Mrs. and Mr. Shelby speak. Before Esme looked outside as she pulled down the blinds with a smirk on her face.

"Guess the ladies here with have other things to chat about now," Y/N said and Poll nodded.

"Y/N what do you say about joining us at the Garrison tonight? Be my company?" Poll asked and Y/N eyes widen slightly before nodding.