Pick up lines

The Garrison was packed with people, drunk men and women enjoying themselves after a long week at work. Y/N sat by the bar by her herself, her friend Samantha had left for the bathroom. She looked around the room, smiling faintly at the happy people and bit her lip to prevent her from laughing as a woman yelled at her husband. 

"Refill my lady?" A voice spoke and Y/N looked at the barman and nodded.

"Thanks," Y/N spoke and soon a presence was beside her, in the clouds of the whiskey Y/N didn't bother to look at whoever it was, just assuming that her friend was back.

"Sam you just missed when that man by the clock got a freshly ripped ass by his wife," Y/N spoke with a chuckle before looking beside her only to stop laughing. It wasn't her friend but a younger man with fancy clothes and a cap.

"Oh I'm sorry, I though you were a friend of mine," Y/N spoke as the blush spread over her cheeks. The man must think she was insane for speaking to herself and laughing with herself. "She's at the b-bathroom," She continued hopelessly with a sigh as the man continued to stare at her.

"Oh good, thought you were crazy," He winked and she wanted to sink through the ground. She prayed that Sam would hurry up and drag her out from the pub immediately. "However that isn't his wife, that's his lover," the man continued and her eyes widen.

"Really? You know them?" Y/N asked and he smiled.

"Nope, just someone that knows a lot of people," He said and she hummed. 

"So what's the name?" She asked as he man looked at the still arguing lovers across the room.

"Henry, and the lover is Anna. She just found out that Henry has indeed another lover named Gina however what she doesn't know is that Gina also has some competition with that man," The man continued and she chuckled, making the man look at her.

"Meant your name," She said as she bit her lip.

"Oh John and you?" John answered and she smiled.

"Y/N," She said and he smiled.

"Nice to meet you Y/N," He smiled before taking a gulp of his whiskey. "I haven't seen you around here before?" He continued and she shook her head.

"Not from here originally. Juste moved here from London," She said and he hummed, placing a toothpick between his lips.

"Work?" He asked and she nodded.

"Just got a new job, as an accountant," She smiled and he looked impressed.

"Beauty and brains," He winked and she blushed.

"I don't know about beauty yet I don't know how drunk you are," She said and he frowned. "Some people tend to be more attractive when someone has drowned a few whiskeys, I'm one of them," She said and he shook his head.

"It's my first actually," He began, "So the only think I can be drunk of is those eyes of yours," He continued and she smiled as she shook her head.

"Are you always picking up women with those cheesy lines?" She asked while chuckling and he shook his head. 

"You got the lucky ticket," He said. "So how am I doin'?" He asked and she bit her lip.

"Well John..." She began but he cut her off.

"I have more if I need," He said and she smiled.

"I think you-" She began but was cut of yet again.

"Y/N!" Samantha walked back, tears streaming down her face and her eyes soon widen when she saw a Shelby sitting with her friend. "What are you doing here with him?" She continued causing Y/N to frown. Samantha that was drunk and hysteric didn't care about the Shelby that was by her side. Completely ignoring the bladed cap.

"What?" Y/N asked and looked at John with a frown.

"I told you not to speak with the peaky men let alone the Shelby's," Samantha began and more tears streamed down her face. Y/N felt heat move towards her cheeks as she noticed that people looked at Samantha and listened to her outbreak.

"What are you taking about? And why are you crying? I told you not to let him make you cry," Y/N said and referred to Samanthas ex-boyfriend that just had broken things off with her. John just listened intently to their conversation. Glancing slightly at his brothers in the booth further away that had picked up the mention of their name.

"Yes but he's over there making out with some random slut," Samantha spoke and Y/N looked over her friends shoulder, frowning slightly as he wore similar clothing to John. Birmingham had a very special male fashion happening. Y/N moved to fully face her friend, placing her hands on each shoulder and looked her deep in the eyes.

"Do you want me to kill him? You know I will I'm not even worried about it," Y/N spoke sincerely and John was surprised by her words yet he smiled. Samantha exhaled as she shook her head. "Let's get you home alright," She continued and stood up. John straightened his back slightly.

"I'm sorry John, but need to get my friend home." Y/N began. "Thanks for the company," She added. Samantha sniffled beside them and Y/N glared at her friends ex that had a women across his lap. She got her jacket on and looked at the barman.

"Excuse me? Is that bottle empty?" Y/N spoke and the barman nodded. "Thanks," She took the bottle in her hand and made her way towards the booth with the drunk man that made out messily with the woman.

"Hey you fucking idiot," Y/N began and the man looked at her with a frown. "This is for making my friend cry you son of a-" She hit his cap clad head with the empty bottle. He let out a loud yell, trying to stand yet the woman in his lap made it impossible. Y/N ignored that everyone looked at her as she walked over to Samantha only to guide her outside and back home. Completely unaware that the Shelby's, especially one of them were very impressed.