The wedding

Y/N had been by the bar at the Garrison, enjoying her whiskey by herself. It hadn't taken long before someone had taken a seat next to her. She looked at the man. He wore tweed clothing, looking rich, his hair was cut short and a cap was on the top of his head. Y/N frowned as she saw the blade that was tucked into the cap. She was familiar with the blinders, little too well.

"Why are a girl like you here alone?" The man spoke and their eyes met. She smiled as she took in his features. She was handsome.

"Enjoying myself," She winked at him and he smirked.

"Can I buy you a drink?" The man asked and she had bitten her bottom lip before nodding.

That night had ended up with her following the man home. Drunken kisses had been shared and clothes had covered the floor as they made their way towards the bedroom. Moans and groans had filled the room as well as the sound of skin slapping together. Some drunken giggles had left her lips after they had reached their high, one of many that night.

That night had become one of many. They had met up and shared the night with each other. They just knew each others first names, Y/N and John. John believing that she knew who he was yet she didn't. Not without his last name. Two months later John had told her that he was getting married.

"My cousin is getting married soon as well, I don't know with who. Never met him." Y/N said as she rested her cheek against his naked chest.

"Really?" He asked.

"Nope, I'm not around my family that much. I wanted to try something new so got myself a apartment here. I'm more fond of this lifestyle," She answered and he hummed.

A week had passed by, Y/N and John had met up a few more times before it was time for his big day. He wore his grey suit that matched his brothers. His mind clouded and anger flowed through his veins. He had no idea who he was marrying. He kept thinking about Y/N, wanting to get to know her even more.

"Drop the attitude John," Tommy said as they stood in the middle of nowhere basically in the mud. A few caravans nearby. "We need this for peace," He continued and John only rolled his eyes.

"I don't know anything about her" John said. "She could be fifty years old for all I know," He continued, grumpy as a child. 

"They're ready," Tommy spoke and the Shelby brothers, Polly, Ada and some peaky men walked towards one of the caravans. Tommy talking to one of the women. 

Inside the caravan sat one nervous woman, dressed in white as her cousin touched up her make up.

"Nervous?" Y/N asked Esme as she made sure everything was perfect.

"What is he's horrible? A drunk? A cheat?" Esme said and Y/N smiled at her.

"You have nothing to worry about, you'll have him by the balls," Y/N said as she moved to fix her veil.

"Well how is your lover then?" Esme asked and smiled as she saw the blush on Y/N's cheeks.

"I don't know, haven't seen him in since Wednesday. He's probably preparing for his wedding," Y/N said as she put the veil on.

"Wedding?" Esme asked.

"Yeah he's marrying soon, I don't remember when. A month maybe?" Y/N said and bit her lip as she concentrated.

"How was he?" Esme asked.

"One of the kinder men that I have met, very handsome." Y/N spoke, "And good in bed." She mumbled and Esme laughed.

"Are you ready? They are here now!" Grandma yelled from the other side of the caravan. "Ah you look so pretty darling, you will be very happy," She added and Y/N smiled as she saw her cousin beam with joy.

"Y/N let's give her a moment alone," Grandma said and Y/N nodded, kissing Esme on the cheek before walking away. Y/N flattered her dress and followed Grandma outside. She was careful with her steps and as she stood on the muddy ground she looked up, her eyes widen as she did.

"John?"

"Y/N?"

Before neither one could say anything else John and the rest was called to step in front of the caravan. John had a frown on his face, looking at Y/N who looked equally as shocked. He was a Shelby and she was a Lee.

"He will do," Zilphas words made John snap out of it. Everyone cheered and John looked around before back at Y/N. She clapped her hands a smiled, not knowing what else to do. She knew Esme was bound to marry John to keep the peace. Her heart stung yet she kept reminding herself that John would be good for Esme. He was a loving man.

Soon Esme stepped outside, her veil covering her. She was soon beside John and John looked at Esme before looking back at Y/N. She tried to keep a neutral face. She knew she couldn't be jealous or anything. She had a fling with John before and knew he was getting married. It had never been serious.

John turned to speak to the men behind him. She saw how a tall man with high cheekbones and piercing blue eyes excusing themselves and three men walked a few steps away. They kept on discussing something, Y/N saw how the man with blue eyes looked slightly annoyed and soon they were back.

"Is there a problem?" Zilpha asked the men.

"No, keep going," The man with blue eyes said and Y/N saw how John only looked at the ground, avoiding her eyes.