Jealous stubbornness

Y/N sat by the bar next to Ada in the Garrison. Harry refilled their glasses with the strong whiskey. Both women giggled at something neither one of them could remember. Y/N glanced back at the booth where her on and off again partner and Adas brothers sat, speaking about business, smoking and enjoying themselves.

"Don't look behind you," Ada said and took a gulp of her whiskey. Her eyes glaring at the woman behind Y/N. Y/N casually pushed her hair back and looked behind her in the corner of her eyes seeing a woman fixing her cleavage with her eyes set straight at John. Y/N clenched her jaw and looked back at Ada as she quickly emptied her glass, quickly demanding one more. Her eyes followed the woman walking up to the Shelby brothers, openly flirting with John.

"Well we agreed not to be exclusive or anything," Y/N mumbled and Ada rolled her eyes, fully aware that both of them had strong feelings towards each other yet neither would express them.

"Then why are you jealous?" Ada teased and Y/N snorted.

"Me? Jealous? I will never get jealous of a man, they don't deserve it. You know that." Y/N spoke. Ada only chuckled. When Ada first met Y/N at the Garrison Y/N had been quite open about her hatred of men. Ada had found it funny the way she kept complaining, even daring to insult the Shelby brothers when Ada introduced them. John had taken a liking to her immediately yet Y/N made him work for her attention and time.

"Please," Ada said.

"I'm being serious, John doesn't change that opinion! In fact he's the living proof that all men are pigs. Disgusting pigs that actively choose to think with their dicks instead of their other head." Y/N said and Ada laughed. They saw how the woman walked away after slipping John a note. Y/N rolled her eyes when John stared at it, as if he was trying to memorize it even with his thick skull.

Both of them walked back to the booth with full glasses. Ada taking a seat next to Tommy opposite Y/N and John. John smiled at Y/N as she sat down and placed a hand on the headrest behind her. The others kept taking about business and Y/N tried to ignore the irritation she felt towards John, regretting that she took a seat next to him. His smell made the whiskey in her stomach turn.

"Have I told you how good you look tonight?" John mumbled in her ear. Y/N only exhaled as took another gulp of her whiskey. Whenever the two was out drinking they were flirting, mumbling sweet nothings in each others ears yet tonight she wasn't having any of it. It was frustrating that no matter how much she wanted to tell him off, she couldn't. They had promised each other to keep the emotions outside their relationship. John frowned as she remained silent, sipping on her drink.

"What?" John asked, nudging her slightly. "Why are you mad?" He continued.

"I'm not mad," Y/N spoke and he rolled his eyes. "Just not in the mood to speak to you," She continued and the rest around the table heard her. Tommy cleared his throat as he nodded towards the bar.

"Let's get another round," Tommy said and Arthur and Ada followed leaving John and Y/N alone in the booth.

"What have I done now?" John asked, not bothering to look at his family as they left. Y/N looked at Ada who only shrugged. "Don't look at them, look at me." He almost demanded and she quickly glared at him.

"You don't tell me what do to." She spat and he exhaled.

"What's gotten into you?" He questioned.

"You annoy me," Y/N spat and he rolled his eyes.

"That's pretty obvious." John answered. "What have I done? Because when we walked in here you sure as hell didn't act like this," He continued and his words agitated her.

"You're so thick John," Y/N exhaled before taking a swig of her whiskey. "You ask med to come with you guys, showering me in compliments and attention only to hit up the first woman that comes your way when I'm not around." She began and the whiskey started to make her open her heart.

"And? You said that we shouldn't involve feelings." John defended and she snorted. John removed his arm yet still looked at her. "You really pushed for no fee-"

"Well I've changed!" Y/N cut him off. "I'm a woman with the right to change my mind!" She continued.

"I never said you weren't," John said as he took a deep breath.

"I can't help that I've gotten feelings for you John. I know we both agreed on keeping things simple and without emotions and believe me when I say that I've tried to stop it but I can't! I just can't stop thinking about you every second of the day, the things I hated about you when we first met is somethings that I've learnt to love!" Y/N began, speaking quicker than the train. "The way to keep that stupid toothpick in you mouth, that stupid smirk you have whenever you use those stupid cheesy pickup lines on me, the way it takes ten seconds longer for you to understand anything that-" Johns lips against her shut her up. He placed one hand on her cheek and the other on her waist. His lip licking her bottom lip, asking for permission which she gave him. She melted. He melted.

A few minutes later they pulled apart.

"Well-" Y/N tried yet he cut her off again.

"I love you too." John said and her mouth hung open. "And for that woman, or any other woman, I have had any interest in them since I met you. I've only slept with you for the last four months."

"Why did you-"

"Why should I need anyone else when I've got you?"