Hickeys

The clock had just gotten past eight. Y/N sat with her friends by the bar drinking their fourth round of whiskey. All the girls laughing, gossiping and mostly teasing Y/N for the large hickey she had on her neck. At the beginning of the day she had it covered with make up yet the long day at work had made it faint.

"Well who is he? The man that has been chewing on your neck?" Katie asked.

"No one," Y/N said biting her lip to contain her smile. "Just from a one time fling," She continued and hoped her friends would let her be but how wrong she was.

"Come on Y/N! It seems as if that 'fling' was so bad," Rebecca teased. "How good on a scale of one to ten?" She asked and Y/N only rolled her eyes. Eyes moving to the entrance behind her friends as four familiar men walked inside. It was the Shelby brothers and their cousin. Y/N tried to not react to much as she didn't see John enter, almost feeling relaxed. 

"A seven maybe," She answered her friends with a lie as her eyes followed the men, seeing as they picked a few bottles of whiskey and entered the private room as Harry refilled her glas. 

"Oh don't lie to us, you radiate 'good fuck energy'," Katie began, "You don't get hickeys like that if it's bad," She continued and they both laughed. Y/N saw how the last Shelby brother walked inside the pub. Y/N played it cool as John passed and their eyes met for a second yet neither one of them did anything. Y/N bit the inside of her cheek as her eyes saw the dark mark on John's neck.

John walked inside the private room, joining his brothers. He removed his jacket, took a glas and filled t with whiskey before taking a seat next to Arthur. He threw away the toothpick between his lips and took out a cigar instead.

"Whoa, what happened to your neck Johnny-boy." Arthur asked, gripping his younger brothers cheek to get a clear view of the hickey that was half covered by the collar of his shirt. John only pulled his head away as the rest chuckled.

"Yes what happened?" Tommy asked as he blew out smoke. 

"A good night happened," Finn said and John only slapped the younger boy in the back of the head.

"Oi, you're not even old enough to have grown hair on your body so shut up," John said and Finn only rolled his eyes.

"Fuck it's even black, largest one I've seen," Arthur mumbled as he couldn't look away. John's cheeks heated as he took a big gulp of his whiskey, quickly emptying the liquid and reaching for more. However Michael was quick enough to take the bottle from his cousin.

"Story first," Michael teased.

"Fuck off," John cursed and everyone laughed. 

"Who was it?" Michael asked.

"No one you know," John said, taking a drag from his cigar. Everyone asking for her name. John got grumpy. Soon Isaiah walked inside and Finn got onto his feet, ready to have a boozy night with his friend.

"The girls are wild here tonight, you should see them by the bar," Isaiah said as he entered, John looked at him before looking at the door. He tried not to be too obvious however Tommy noticed his reaction.

"Then maybe we should go out there," Michael said before looking at John. "But maybe you don't need it since you have your little bird somewhere." He teased and John only rolled his eyes.

"They're completely wasted, one of them just pulled in Jack and started to snog him," Isaiah continued. John got onto his feet and his other brothers followed. Isaiah, Finn and Michael was leading the way and John wasn't far behind. His eyes quickly moving to the bar. A sigh left his lips as Jack was snogging a stranger.

"Don't be sad John, there's more ladies over there for you to snog as well or you can crawl back home to the other one," Arthur teased. John watched as his brothers got one of the booths on the other side of the room. Finn, Isaiah and Michael stood further away from the snogging couple. Soon his eyes met hers.

Y/N looked at John, raising her brow at him as she tried to contain her smile. He raised his brow slightly before walking over to them, ignoring the looks from his brothers and cousin. Rebeccas eyes widen as she saw John Shelby speaking to Y/N and started to tug at Katies skirt for attention yet her other friends was deep into the kiss with the peaky guy.

"Those hickeys there are impressive," John began as he stood behind her, ignoring the snogging couple next to them and the cheering people around. Y/N turned slightly so her back was facing her friends. 

"Isn't it?" Y/N smirked and he tried to contain his as he bit his lip.

"Wonder who made those," John said teasingly.

"So does my friends," Y/N said. "Wondering who ate my neck," She stated and he chuckled.

"I've gotten that question as well," He said and she smiled. "What do you say about getting out of here before we get more questions?" He continued and she nodded her head.

"Please take me away from here," She smiled and he chuckled. He got his coat on and stood by her as she got hers on. Arthur and Tommy who sat by the booth watched the two and soon Michael joined them. Michael looked at the two as well and as Y/N got her coat on and pushed her hair back they saw dark marks on her neck as well.

"Looks like we know who gave him those," Tommy said and watched as John placed his hand on her back to guide her outside. He mumbled something into her ear and she only laughed. Soon the pair had left the pub.

"Guess we have to see how many he's got tomorrow," Michael mumbled and his cousins hummed.