Puppet

Y/N stood by the sink in the kitchen, cleaning plate by plate as the kids was sound a sleep in their beds. One exhausted sigh left her lips as the washcloth removed the food from the white plate. She cherished the moments when the house fell silent. She loved the kids like they were her own and she would take a bullet for each one of them yet when they slept soundly in their beds she loved it. When they were safely tucked into their beds she only had one thing to worry about, not five.

His kids was a handfull yet she was determinated not to ask for help. Her fiancé John had told her that Polly would gladly help if needed but she had declined it. Tommy had room at his estate and Finn would love to be with people with the same intelligence however she had still refused. Y/N knew what his family thought about her, that she wasn't Shelby material. She hadn't the same background as them. She wasn't upper class but her childhood had been far easier and more privileged than the Shelby clan. 

They hadn't told her directly yet their gaze and how they never seemed to embrace her in the company. Not even after getting engaged. So Y/N was determined to show them wrong and taking care of Johns kids and six in the morning cuts and bruises was her way of doing that.

Y/N glanced at the clock and let out a sigh. It was late and John wasn't home yet. She was used to it however she missed having him home by dinner and falling asleep next to each other. She turned the lights of and headed towards their bedroom, hoping that her fiancé would be beside her when she woke up.

The sound of a door slamming shut woke Y/N quickly. Her body tensed as she could hear heavy footsteps walking closer to her and she gripped the closest thing to her, a vase, before heading towards the stairs. A shriek left her lips when she crashed into a chest.

"John!" She cursed and he only chuckled. "Bloody hell though someone broke in!" She exclaimed and he only smiled.

"Only me love," He said before pulling her into his embrace. 

"Missed you," Y/N mumbled into his chest.

"DADDY!" The sound of awoke children filled their ears.

"Missed you daddy," Katie said as he hugged his leg. 

"Time for breakfast!" Y/N said and they started to make their way downstairs. 

"You missed your surprise last night dad!" Katie said as they walked into the kitchen.

"Oh did I?" John said as he held his youngest son Charlie in his arms. "What have you done now?" He winked at his daughter. Y/N started to take out their prepped breakfast and listened to their conversation. She smiled at the sound of happiness in Katies voice.

"Y/N said I would be the flower girl when you get married!" Katie squealed with joy. Y/N smiled yet it faded slightly when Johns smile faded a tiny bit. Y/N placed the food on plates and put it on the table.

"Breakfast now before school." Y/N said in a firm tone and everyone started to eat. Y/N looked John in the eyes and raised a brow before taking a seat by the table with the kids to eat. A sigh left Johns lips before he as well took a seat. 

Thirty minutes later everyone had their backpacks on and John's youngest was on the smaller playground in the living room crying as he wasn't old enough to join the other to school. Like every morning.

"I follow Katie," He cried.

"Aw Charlie, you are too young for school." Y/N cooed. "One year," She said and wiped his tears and kissed his cheek. When the kids had left and Charlie had calmed down and played with his toys happily.

"So what was that face all about?" Y/N asked John as she walked back into the kitchen.

"What face love?" He asked before taking a sip of his coffee.

"The sour face when Katie mentioned our wedding," Y/N said quickly and John let out a sigh.

"It's...It's nothing," John said and she raised his brow as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Stop lying," She said. 

"I'm not," He said and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm your bloody fiancé John, I know when you lie." She said. "It's like when you broke Polly's new vase or when Tommy found your underwear in his office," She continued.

"Tommy asked for this stupid thing but I'm trying to solve it," He said and he looked at her.

"What thing?" She asked and he kept silent. "John?"

"Okay, Tommy asked me to court one of Lees girls to prevent a war between us." John said in almost a whisper yet Y/N heard every word.

"He what?!" Y/N raised her voice. "I've sometimes visioned that man to be somewhat smart but is he simple? I hope you told him no!" She said.

"Of course I did but he doesn't listen," John argued and Y/N snorted.

"You walk right now to his office and tell him that if anyone is to marry someone it's him!" Y/N raised her voice.

"Y/N-"

"Don't Y/N me! I'm marrying you and not some scum!" She said before bolting towards the door.

"Where are you going?" John followed.

"I'm going to talk to your brother." Y/N said and slammed the door in his face.

Y/N ignored Johns screams as she walked down the street towards the betting shop. Anger flowed through her veins. She knew that Tommy had told John to marry the Lee because he didn't find her suitable in the Shelby family.

"Y/N!"

Y/N rused inside the shop, not bothering to look at Polly or Arthur by the reception. Instead she walked with firm steps towards Thomas Shelbys office. Not bothering to knock she bursted inside.

"How could you?!" Y/N began.

"How could I do what?" Tommy asked calmly, blowing out smoke as he looked up from his books.

"Don't play dumb Thomas it doesn't suit you." She spat. "If you for one day think that you can marry John off to some whóre you are wrong. Marry herself and for once take some own action rather than make your brothers do it!" She continued.

"Y/N-" She slammed her hand down the table and quickly gripped the letter knife only to point it at him.

"Don't even think about talking back Thomas. Forget John or I will drag you personally to that aisle with my hand so far up your ass I will spell out those vows for you like a puppet!" With those words she slammed the knife onto the table before stormning out. She stopped by John who stood frozen next to Arthur and Polly. 

"And for you John Michael Shelby, you are not welcome back home until you've grown a pair!" She said before walking out from the shop.

"Bloody hell," John said nervously as he tugged at his hair.

"Yeah bloody fúcking hell," Arthur mumbled.

"That's my girl," Polly said and smirked. "Guess she is Shelby material after all,"