atla christmas!!

[zuko x male reader <3]

you're currently putting up the Christmas tree in your house, preparing for the gaang to come round. its your first Christmas together, so you're pretty damn excited, but also nervous.

you put the lights and tinsel on the tree, then lights around your living room, adding glitter everywhere, then placing presents under the tree. you hang the mistletoe up and laugh at yourself. you sort the dinner table out, and start cooking the food. you're making a veggie dish for aang in the process.

you let the food cook slowly, and sort out the sofas, adding tinsel on them too. you quickly run upstairs and change into a santa onesie, wearing a santa hat. you look in the mirror and laugh at yourself, then you hear a gentle knock on the door.

you run downstairs and open the door, it's aang.

"you're early!"

"better to be early than late!" he says with a massive smile on his face. you let him in and he places presents under the tree too.

"nice outfit y/n"

"hehe thank you aang"

"i like how you've decorated it too, this looks nice" he gently takes a seat on the sofa "THIS IS SOFT"

then there's an aggressive knock on the door, and you hear someone trying to earthbend at it.

"TOPH, give me chance" you open the door and she races in, and sits on the sofa next to aang.

"nice sofa"

"cheers"

she chucks her bag full of gifts, and you carefully catch it, placing it all under the tree.

"thanks dumbass"

"dont call y/n a dumbass! he's amazing"

"shut it twinkletoes"

":("

there's another knock at the door. you run to open it, and suki hugs you, she takes your hat off and ruffles your hair for a second.

"sukiiii"

"y/nnnnn"

she pulls away from the hug and puts your hat back on.

"merry Christmas!!"

"you too!!"

"hey suki!" aang says as she walks in. she carefully puts the presents under the tree.

"hey aang!" she takes a seat on the floor.

"merry Christmas!" aang shouts.

"MERRY XMASSSS" you start dancing then start playing all I want for Christmas is you. suki and aang laugh at you, and toph coughs.

"ALLLL I WAAAANT FOR CHRISTMASSSSS IIIIISSSSSSS"

"YOuUUUUuUuUUU" you here from outside, and sokka bursts open the door and starts dancing with you. katara rolls her eyes and walks in carefully, placing the presents from her and from sokka under the tree. she sits with aang, and them too hug. yes, katara and aang are together, and so is suki and sokka. suki stops sokka from dancing and he sulks, and lays on sukis lap, as she strokes his hair and laughs.

last Christmas starts playing and you carry on dancing around the room.

"LAST CHRISTMAS, I GAVE YOU MY HEART"

"but the very next day, you gave it awayyyy" katara joins in.

"THIS YEARRR TO SAVE ME FROM TEARS"

zuko walks in slowly, placing the presents under the tree and joins in, "I'll give it to someone speciallll"

"ZUUUKOOOOOO" you run up to him and jump onto him, hugging him. he laughs and hugs you back. "hello, zuko here" everyone laughs at him.

he sits down on the floor, you go and lock the door then run and sit near him.

"do you want me to sort presents out" he says in a gentle tone.

"yeah good idea, just give everyone there's and we'll go in turns." you say. zuko carefully hands out everyone's presents, everyone has 6 each, except zuko did you 2.

he whispers to you and points to one of the presents "open that later, please?" you nod and smile at him.

"CAN I START" aang says. everyone giggles. "sure aang" you say.

he opens his presents. you got him an appa plushie and he looks so shocked and happy with it.

"Y/N I LOVE IT THANK YOU" aang hugs it and katara laughs at him.

katara opens hers next, and you got her waterbending scrolls, and also a blue ribbon headband, and blue bracelets. she smiles. "thank you y/n, this is pretty nice."

sokka opens his next, you got him a book of jokes, and a momo plushie, and he starts hugging it. "ANOTHER MOMOOO" he kisses it.

"calm down sokka, save your kisses for suki" you and suki laugh.

suki opens her presents next, you got her a new fan, and a pretty cute bucket hat, and a green jumper. she smiles, "thank you y/n, this is amazing"

toph doesn't open hers, but you got her rocks basically, and metal so she can practice earth bending, and create random stuff with them.

zuko opens his next, you got him a red dragon plushie, a red fluffy blanket, a red jumper and black jeans, and also a gingerbread smelling candle. he smiles at it and hugs you. "thank you y/n i love this."

its finally your turn to open stuff. katara got you your favourite manga, aang got you your favourite animal plushie, sokka got you your fave colour fluffy jumper and socks, toph got you a bunch of your favourite sweets and suki got you your fave sent candle.

you open one of zukos presents, he got your favourite artists cd, your favourite switch game, your favourite xbox/ps4 game, bath bombs and an oversized hoodie in your favourite colour. you smile and hug him tightly. he hugs you back.

"thank you, all of you, I love these, merry Christmas"

"MERRY CHRISTMAS" everyone else says.

you go into the kitchen and start finishing off the food, and everyone rushes to the table. you serve it and you all eat together.

"thank you for doing me a veggie dish :D" aang says.

"its no problem, im not going to force you to eat meat"

"you're a star"

"thank you aang"

"nICE COOKING Y/N"

"PAHAHJA THANKS SOKKA"

you all finish eating and pull a cracker with eachother, then they all party in the dining room, messing around. you go into the living room to clean up the wrapping paper. zuko follows you.

"you can open it now by the way" he picks it up and gives it to you. you're both stood under the mistletoe.

you carefully open the present, opening the box. inside is a ring and a note, you read the note.

y/n, it's hard to really say all this to you, so i'm writing it i guess. these past few months have been amazing, and i've realised, I'm in love with you. I love you y/n, so uhh will you be my boyfriend?

you look up at zuko who's looking away. you place the ring on your ring finger and you gently hold his face.

"i love you too"

you kiss him, under the mistletoe, and he kisses you back. he wraps his arms around you.

everyone comes back into the living room and you all start watching Christmas movies. you lay on zukos lap and he strokes your hair. you fall asleep on him.

this has been your best Christmas in years.