mako x male reader <3

"y/n you need to get a grip and work harder, you've been slacking off recently." lin says to you, almost shouting at you, you roll your eyes. "if you don't improve in a WEEK, i'll have to get mako to watch over you and work with you. do you understand l/n?" you shrug. "I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" everyone looks over in your direction. you nod and lin walks off. you slam your head onto your desk. if only you had someone to tell why you haven't been doing too great recently.

a week has passed. and have you improved? no. you always show up late, you always forget stuff, you wrongly accuse people, you don't even arrest people, you just stand there tired. lin comes over to you with mako, and her face looks m a d. "Y/N, YOU'VE BEEN SLACKING OFF AGAIN!" she slams your desk. "you'll be working with mako from now on. if nothing improves within a month of working with him, you'll be fired, understood?" you nod and she walks off, leaving you with mako.

"hey." he says. you don't say a word. "this is gonna be a difficult month if you don't...interact with me." you shrug. "sorry." you say. he looks at you in shock. "that's the first time you've ever said anything working here...you usually just write it on paper..." "i have my reasons too." "and those are...?" you look down, "when i was younger, my parents used to scream at me for talking alot, or even in general, and at school people ignored me when i spoke. so i gave up, and become mute almost." he looks at you with an upset expression on his face. "i didn't know that...i'm so sorry." "i know ive been slacking off recently too, and i haven't been feeling to great, i lost my best friend, i lost my parents, ive lost everything, this job is all i have left, i don't even have a place to stay." your eyes start watering and mako walks closer to you. "stay with me." "huh?" "stay with me y/n, it'll make it easier since we work together too, it might do you some good." "you sure mako?" "yeah i'm sure." you smile at eachother.

after a long day at work, actually working this time. you head home with mako. "you did pretty well today y/n." "thank you." "you've improved alot you know-" "again, thank you." you walk in through his door after him. you sit on the sofa next to him, watching bolins "mover" thing. you end up moving closer and closer to him, and ended up falling asleep on his lap. but he didn't seem to care. he strokes your hair gently as you sleep, him falling asleep after a while.

you both wake up to banging on the door. "Y/N. MAKO. YOU'RE BOTH LATE!" it's lin. you fall off mako as lin keeps screaming at you to hurry up, you both sort yourselves out real quick and run out of his place. lin doesn't look happy. "i'll let you off THIS ONCE, because you're improving slightly. if you're late again, there will be consequences." you nod, "okay ma'am." you say and she looks at you surprised before walking off. you and mako head to work.

you both laugh with eachother, during the month of you working with eachother you mess around, hang out with eachother, having the time of your life. you actually get work done and you feel happy again, he makes you happy. have you fallen in love with mako?

after the month passed, lin comes up to you and mako. "y/n, you've improved alot working with mako, i think you should still work together." she says. you look at mako and he smiles and nods at you. lin walks off and you and mako go into town, to a fountain. you sit against a tree near it, and mako sits beside you. "this has been one chaotic month..." he says and you laugh. "yeah, it has, but ive enjoyed it, ive never experienced something like this, so thank you." he smiles then looks at you.

"can i be honest with you, y/n?"

"sure mako"

"i think im in love with you..." he mumbles.

"what was that?"

"I THINK I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU-" he looks away. you blush deeply.

"the feelings mutual mako."

"what?"

"i said, the feelings mutual."

"what do you mean?"

you facepalm and laugh. "i think im in love with you too, mako."

his face goes red, and you grab his face and kiss him. he kisses back, and wraps his arms around you.

"you're my boyfriend now, you have no choice" you say laughing.

"o-okay?" he says, then ends up laughing too. you lay on his lap and he ruffles your hair.

"you're pretty amazing y/n"

"thank you."

"is that it?"

"what else do you expect me to do?"

"uhh"

you sit up, grab his face again and makeout with him. when you pull away, his face is red, and you lay back on his lap again.

"was that good enough for you mako?"

"uhh uhh yeah?" he says embarrassed.

"hehe, i love you."

"i love you too y/n" he strokes your hair and you end up falling asleep in his lap again.