kuvira x male reader <3

you were always by her side. always. you supported her with everything, even if it was wrong, you loved her, thats why. but she loved her fiancé, you stood no chance. you'd do anything to impress her, to make her notice you, but she just brushed it off like she didn't care.

and this is what caused you to leave, and betray her. yeah, your love for her is still there, but you couldn't stand being around her, and ended up attempting to join the krew, exposing everything kuvira had said. you kind of regret it, but it's the first step to get over her...right?

you're currently sat on air temple island, next to asami. you go deep in thought about kuvira.

"Kuvira! Look what I made, I'm thinking it would be good for a weapon, right? We can take over the earth empire?" you said, she didn't even look at you once and replied, "That's cool Y/N, but get back to work." you sigh and walk off.

"Kuvira are you okay?!" you say running up to her when she got hurt, she rolls her eyes and nods, and tells you to go off, back on the train. you do so, and sulk in a corner.

a tear runs down your face. "y/n is everything okay?" asami asks, putting her arm around you. "i'll be fine asami, i'm just...you know...what's the word?" "heartbroken?" "yeah...i love kuvira, i really do, but she treated me like i was nothing? i get she had a fiancé so it wouldn't work but...she didn't care that i existed you know?" asami hugs you. "you deserve better, i'm here for you, always. you can show her how powerful you are when she attacks us. you've got this y/n <3" she kisses your cheek and gets up, ruffles your h/c hair and walks off. you smile, for the first time in forever really. asami's literally your best friend at this point.

the day of kuviras attack

you haven't seen kuvira in weeks. it does break your heart to know she clearly didn't care about the fact you disappeared. asami comes over and wraps her arms around you, hugging you. she ruffles your hair, then kisses your cheek. you seem really close to be 'best friends' but its just how you vibe.

"you've got this, y/n, you're a powerful earth, metal AND lavabender, with you, i think we'll be able to take her down." she ruffles your hair again. "im scared asami..." she turns you around to face her. "why?" "im scared to hurt her but im scared to see her again..i mean..she doesn't care but...i still love her.." asami looks at you and holds your face. "it'll be okay, stop worrying <3" she kisses your forehead and you two go off to the rest of the krew.

you can see kuviras mecha giant robot from a distance. the airbenders and irohs army are attacking the other troops. the giant comes closer. you start lavabending, getting the giant stuck in the lava. kuvira shoots the weapon at you and asami pushes you away in time. "thank you asami."

the fight continues, lin and suyin, mako and bolin and korra find a way into the mecha giant, lin metalbends the inside and mako makes the robot explode while korra was fighting kuvira. you see her escape and you, korra and asami go after her. she finds another weapon again and attempts to fire it at you. you lavabend at her, doing all you can to stop her. but it explodes, and ends up making a new spirit portal. it looks amazing.

you end up outside the spirit portal with everyone else, asami hugs you tight, "you did amazing-" you look over to kuvira and see a tear run down her cheek. she walks up to you.

"i think it's about time i tell you this y/n.." she says. asami gets up and leave you two be.

"firstly, is asami your girlfriend..?"

"no, but why would you care?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU Y/N."

"what?"

"i love you. i know i never showed it and i seemed like i hated you, but i was scared. i didn't wanna hurt you and my fiancé, well ex fiancé...it hurt me to see that you left and well betrayed me..." she holds your face. "but i love you, i really do." she leans in and kisses you, and you kiss back.

"i love you too kuvira, im sorry i left, i couldn't handle my feelings for you and i felt hurt, i always thought it was never gonna work.."

"ill make this work, i love you." you two kiss again and korra comes over, "stop being romantic with eachother and help us clean up the city" she laughs as you two look embarrassed with yourselves. you both get up, hold hands and help everyone bring the city back into shape again.

time skip

its varricks wedding with zhu li, well the after party, and you're stood against a wall outside on your own. kuvira comes over to you and wraps her arms around your waist. "is everything alright y/n?" you shrug your shoulders. "i guess im just exhausted, these past few weeks have been...really...stressful. i haven't even able to sleep properly in a while you know."

she sighs and and turns you to face her. "you're gonna sleep in the same bed as me tonight, i don't care what you say, i always get what i want" you both laugh and she kisses you, and you end up making out.

that night, you both sleep in a double bed together, her arms wrapped around you, with your head in her chest, and you actually fall asleep for the first time in weeks.