korra x male reader <3

trigger warning: mentions of self harm & flashbacks/ptsd?

it all started when you were a child, 3 years old. you were already talented, learning pro firebending. your parents new you'd become such a powerful firebender, and so did the rest of the fire nation.

and so did zaheer.

it was just a normal evening, you were about to go to sleep. then someone broke in and grabbed hold of you. your parents tried stopping them, fighting them.

it was zaheer and the red lotus.

zaheer grabbed hold of you and ran out, your parents chasing after him, being attacked by the others. zaheer drops you to the floor, while fighting your parents.

then the scariest thing happened.

p li, shot at your parents with her third eye. killing them. you burst into tears, shaking, scared. you wasn't gonna let them do this. you started firebending at all 4 of them. ming-hua grabs hold of you, tying you with her water arms pretty tight. p li shoots you with her third eye again, but you see a strike of lightning stop it before it did too much damage. it almost killed you, you passed out.

iroh ii attacks the red lotus, zapping them with lightning. ming-hua drops you and them 4 run off. iroh picks you up, and looks at your parents. they're dead. he keeps hold of you, and runs off to where he lives.

he decided to take care of you.

year after year you'd have flashbacks of what happened, it'd haunted you, you'd even hallucinate and see zaheer, even though he's locked up in prison for attempting to kidnap the avatar, korra.

this led to you harming yourself.

iroh never found out, you couldn't tell him, no one found out infact. you was scared, it was the only way to let your emotions out. by damaging yourself. you'd wake up from a vivid flashback and it'll mess with your head. you either end up burning yourself on purpose, or c*tting yourself.

it was the only way to cope, for you. you couldn't relax your mind. whenever you shut your eyes, the image would replay over and over again.

you left iroh and joined the krew on air temple island when you were about 18, you were the youngest out of them all, korra is 21, asami and mako are 22 and bolin is 21.

even when you've been there, the flashbacks have been happening again, leading you to damage yourself more and more. you're tired.

you're pretty close with the krew, and even tenzin and pema, but you could never tell them what happened.

one night

you're sleeping peacefully. until it starts again. the flashbacks. but worse than usual. you could feel it. you felt zaheers hands on you, you felt being shot by p li, you saw your parents die in front of you, it was like you were there again. and it won't stop playing, you can't wake up, it happens again and again and again.

it eventually stops and you wake up, in tears. you burn yourself, pretty severely on your arms, and shoulders. you keep crying.

you need fresh air. you roll down your sleeves and jump out the window. for some reason, korra is outside meditating. she hears you and turns around.

"y/n? are you alright?"

you breakdown. she looks at you with a worried expression and she walks over to you. she touches your shoulders and you jump backwards, squealing in pain.