mai x male reader <3

its just a normal day at school, you sit at your desk, staring out your window. beside this school, was the royal fire academy (for girls) and you always see the same girl everyday. you both stare at eachother, smile at eachother. its like you already have a connection, yet you're strangers, you don't even know her name. the girl sits at her desk and looks out the window and makes eye contact with you. you wave and she smiles at you. you keep staring at eachother, until your teacher shouts at you to focus.

after school, its your daily training with zuko. zuko is quite a good firebender, after learning some things from his uncle too. your parents are close to ursa and ozai, and they agreed to let zuko teach you.

"y/n!" zuko waves at you, and you hug as you see him. you're pretty close, you're like best friends.

"let's get started, also tomorrow, my sister and friends are going to join us...is that okay with you?"

"thats fine zuko"

"okay good"

you begin with training. you've improved alot since zuko has been teaching you. you're hoping to become a pro firebender at some point. you're hoping to lightning bend at some point, but its too early for that.

the training ends. zuko gives you a high-five.

"nice one, y/n"

"thank you, master zuko"

"dont call me that!!" you two laugh "you've improved alot y/n im proud."

"aww thank youuuuu~"

you hug eachother and head off home.

next day

you sit at your desk at school. you're exhausted, your parents were arguing all night, and got you involved. you stayed up late arguing, you only got a couple hours of sleep. the girl sits at her desk and looks out her window, looking at you, she looks concerned to see you with your head on your desk. you sit up and look out the window at her. she smiles at you and you smile back, then you both get on with your school day.

schools over again, and its time for your training with zuko again. but as you reach him, you notice the girl who you always stare at. you make eye contact with her and you both end up blushing. another girl starts laughing, but zuko kicks her.

"shut up azula"

"its funny seeing them two embarrassed"

"and? anyways y/n, this is azula, the girl next to her is ty lee, and the girl you keep staring at is...mai"

she gives zuko a dirty look and he takes a step away from her.

you begin with you training again, even though you're like half asleep. after a couple of hours, its over.

"y/n you were a bit...sloppy? this time..you good?"

"im just tired zuko...very tired.."

"you should hang out with us lot more often, we can take a break from training and just spend time together?"

"i mean i would..." you look at azula and ty lee who are glaring at you.

"don't worry about them y/n, they're idiots" you & zuko laugh.

"alright fine i'll join"

"meet us here like usual after school alright?

"thats chill."

and you go off home.

"thats the boy you always stare at at school isn't it mai?" ty lee asks. mai rolls her eyes.