Adventure HAZZAR

Two weeks had passed and no news or letters came from your father. You began to worry, so you finally decided to speak to the Governor to give you permission to go to England. He wasn't very happy about that, "I understand you want to see your father. I worry for him too, but I cannot let you go. I intend on keeping my promise to him. Your safety is more important"

"My safety!? Might I remind you that-"

"Watch your tone Miss Lorve. You are lucky to be standing here in one piece. We don't know when your luck will run out, do we?"

You bit your tongue, a small flame growing inside of you. 'No matter' you thought 'I'll just sneak out again, it should be easier than before'. "Excuse my ill manners Governor. I understand your concerns" you turned to walk away.

"y/n" The governor called your name making you turn back. "yes governor?"

"There's a ship called the Cloud Atlas heading to London with cargo. It's leaving in an hour from now..." he quirked his brow, "Don't you dare get on it."

You smiled at him and nodded, sprinting back home.

---

After getting dressed, you knotted up the leather pouch, which held food and an extra pair of clothing

After getting dressed, you knotted up the leather pouch, which held food and an extra pair of clothing. The head maid stared at you in disapproval but didn't say anything against it.

"Miss!" a maid rushed in, "The ship's done loading the barrels. They're leaving early!" she says slurring her words.

You wasted no time, grabbing your pouch and running out of your house and straight to the docks.

You pulled your hat down a little, hiding your face as you looked for the ship.

You start to panic unable to find the ship, until you hear someone calling you. You followed the sounds and saw Groves standing right across from you.

He slyly points at a ship at the end and walks towards it distracting the guards in front of the it. You mouthed a 'thank you' as you boarded the ship successfully. He nods and gets back to his station.

You sighed in relief. You made it to the ship right on time.

'Time to hide. Can't have others asking me questions' you thought to yourself.

As you turned to hide, you instantly ran into a man. 'oh no'. The man grabbed your collar and pulled you close to his face. "I've never seen you-"

"release her" called a smooth voice.

The bigger man lets go of you, "her?" he says back in disbelief. He turns back to you and snatches your hat.

His mouth went dry as he saw your face. He quickly handed you your hat and bowed, muttering a low "Pardon me miss".

You nodded putting your hat back on and faced your saviour.