Café Avec Amour

It was just another normal college day. Yep, a normal day of pain. Rio was running late for class, so she just grabs a coffee by the vending machine and rushed to class. On the way to class, however, luck once again was not by Rio's side. Someone bumped into her, spilling her opened coffee in the process. Her clothes got stained, so was the stranger. She knows she can't deal with this mess right now. She was running out of time and doesn't want to get detention, not with the pile of work they'll give her later on.

Rio quickly apologizes — though she doesn't really know whose fault it is, she chose not to make the mess bigger — and got on her foot. The stranger wanted to stop her, but he decided not to. He just rubbed the back of his neck looking at the blonde from afar. A grin appeared on his face as he picks up the spilled coffee and throws it to its place.

Rio on the other hand only mumbled.. red

~Timeskip~

"I was lucky I didn't get caught being late," Rio sighs and takes a bite of her sandwich.

"Wow, must be one hectic morning." One girl chuckles.

"I'm amazed you can still keep your emotions in check, Rio." Another one adds.

Rio pouted and sighed once more.

"Kayano, Yukiko, not helping."

"Sorry, sorry. You gotta admit that's quite funny, especially that situation with the stranger."

"Yep! And I'm curious. Does the stranger.." Kayano started.

'Oh no,' Rio mentally facepalmed herself.

"Have a handsome face? Did you perhaps fall in love with him like those shoujo mangas?" Kayano asked with a sparkling face.

"Ooh~" Yukiko also joined the teasing.

"What? You guys, I was going to be late. How am I supposed to have time to look at his face?" Rio took another bite.

"Seriously? You don't remember anything of his face?" Kayano asked again.

"All that I remember was that he was kinda tall? Who knows," Rio replied without taking her attention away from her sandwich.

Kayano pouted and went back to her lunch. Finally peace... Why are they so interested in these kinds of stuff anyway? She knows this question is 'dangerous' but hey, she was curious.

"Why do you guys keep asking me boys related stuff anyway?" Rio asked curiously.

Kayano and Yukiko gave each other a glance before looking back at Rio. Kayano and Yukiko are close friends of Rio in college even if they all were being in different majors. They know that Rio has many friends thanks to her amazing social skills. This also includes men.

Kayano and Yukiko even believe that some guys in their college are actually interested in her. Rio seems to notice this, she even receives confessions. She managed to refuse them all subtly without breaking their friendship. Yes, all that yet never has once Rio talked about having a crush on someone. So every chance they get, they would ask her about her love life which up until now, the results are zero.

"Umm.. we thought you might be interested in him. Okay fine, we are kinda interested and wondering how you still haven't got a boyfriend despite all those confessions," Kayano bluntly said.