Chapter 15: You.

A/N: Once again, I skip another four years of Hogwarts and I come to Year 6, where most of the action will take place. I've really been looking forward to write about this year at Hogwarts. Apologies if this chapter is a little odd, I'm still trying to write longer and more detailed chapters. This will be the last chapet I'm going to publish until 2 Jan because I'm overseas and I may not have wifi. :( I'll add in the POVs when the whole story is completed, please comment and vote! Thank you! x

It was the start of year six and Hogwarts. I've just returned from a stay with the Malfoys' over the holidays. Remember the fight Granger and I had in third year? We refused to speak to each other ever since, unwilling to even glance at each other when we pass each other in the corridors or at lessons. It was like we never knew each other, ever.

Nevertheless, Draco and I have become inseparable. Everyone in the school now knew who we were and that we were a couple. Sure, there were girls who still wanted to be with Draco, but Draco would turn them down. Esme and Blaise were closer than ever, spending much more time together in public now that their dating secret was out. Professor Snape has been giving Draco and I extra lessons on legilimens and occlumency. He even taught us how to duel using very advanced spells even witches and wizards of his age couldn't master. Being me, I was able to pick up these spells rather quick with the snap of my finger, since I did have a thing for spells. Draco took a longer time getting them right but they worked for him either way.I've asked Professor Snape what these extra lessons and training was for, but he never told me. He never told me why I needed to learn legilimency and occlumency, why I needed to learn these advanced spells. But he didn't tell me or Draco. It was a secret between himself and Draco's mother, who wouldn't tell us either. Lessons in school were getting more and more advanced at spells and Draco was having a hard time coping with the new incoming of spells, so we had more tutoring sessions together.

Every night, or sometimes between or during classes, Snape would send either Draco or I an interdepartmental note to meet him at his office down in the dungeons for these lessons. He'd give us two-hour lessons, training us in the art of defensive spells, attacking spells, legilimency and occlumency. It got harder as the lessons proceeded. After every lesson, Draco and I would walk out of Snape's office exhausted and mentally drained. He'd drill in us the importance of these skills but not tell us what they would be used for, which was what confused me the most.

It was a casual day at Hogwarts, Draco would wait for me at the bottom of the stairs and we'd go for breakfast and lessons together, hand in hand. The day would be unbearably boring, but I still paid attention anyway, since I wanted to do well in my OWLs. It was no different for many other Slytherins in my year, who would fall asleep in class, for they were too busy studying in the night. I preferred to pay attention in class rather than have to waste my time at night revising whatever the professor taught in class that day.

Just when Draco and I were proceeding to our third class of the day, Snape sent us an interdepartmental note. Draco grabbed it in his hands and opened the paper roughly. It read -

Draco and Rachel, meet me in my office at four o'clock for another session.

Professor Snape

"Another lesson?", Draco complained, stuffing the paper in his pocket in annoyance. "Will he ever give us a break?!"

"Relax, he's definitely doing this for a good reason, he wouldn't stress us out this way for fun," I tell Draco, taking his hand in mine and stroking it. "Let's go to Snape's office."

Draco and I had to make a good walk down the infinite number of staircases from the divination classroom to the dungeons where Snape's office was. By the time we were in his office, both of us were panting from having to run in order not to get scolded for being late.