Chapter 45: Patrolling.

A/N: Hey everyone! Here's the new chapter. I hope it's good. I thought it was :) Thank you for reading and for the 9,200 reads. The next chapter would be much better, I promise. I need your feedback on something. I was debating with myself whether to have a good and happy ending or a sad but touching one. I can't seem to decide so if you could leave a comment on which ending you'd prefer, it would help me loads! :) Thank you, keep reading and continue voting! x

I awaken to the sound of heels pacing back and forth the carpet and a lady dressed in black with hair tied sleekly back. Narcissa, I thought. When she notices my awakening, she rushes over to me. "You won't be returning to Hogwarts. Snape has informed the Dark Lord of your successful task and he sees no need for you to return. You and Draco will be patrolling perimeters of the places which members  Order of the Phoenix stay instead. Snape will brief you a little more on that." She said before striding out of the door. 

The sunlight from the window stung my eyes and I squeeze them shut again before climbing silently out of bed and washing up. I change into a black shirt and skirt and headed down to the kitchen, leaving Draco alone fast asleep. I see Snape in the kitchen, seated at a short, cold and dingy table. "Good morning Miss Farrell. I hope you don't mind calling you that. I haven't quite gotten used to calling you Mrs Malfoy as you are now." I shake my head to tell him that I didn't mind. I pluck a few slices of bread from a loaf that sat on the kitchen counter and I settle down at a seat diagonally across Snape. 

When I began eating, Snape spoke. "I'm sure Narcissa has informed you that you and Draco have to take on the role of patrolling now that your task is over?" I nod. "Very well. You and Draco will be at The Burrow this evening to patrol the area. By patrolling I mean keeping an eye on the Order and it's members. Any suspicious actions and you shall report them to either Bellatrix or me immediately." I nod once again, chewing the last bit of bread I had on my plate. 

"What time shall we report to The Burrow, sir?" 

"Right after you have your dinner when the sky is darkening and the sun is setting," he answers back. "You will be spending the night patrolling so I suggest you get as much sleep as you can during the day." 

"Yes sir. Thank you," I nod and leave the kitchen.

I proceed back to my bedroom. Just when my hand was about the grip the door knob and turn it, it flings open and I was nearly knocked to the floor, the edge of the door slamming into my face. I rub my nose in pain as I look up to see the blond headed boy with eyes of molten silver looking into mine. "Sorry, love." I smile and said that it was okay. 

"We have to do patrolling tonight at The Burrow," I tell him without hesitating. He nodded before he went down and I proceeded back into my room. 

A spark of hope erupted in my heart. I may be able to see Hermione again, to check if she was safe. Maybe I could see Tonks, the lady who cared for me when I was still a kid. I rememeber her changing her appearance all the time from a pig to a duck to a dragon when I was crying to get me to cheer up. I was longing and I couldn't wait to go on my first patrolling mission.

- - - 

Time flew by as if the sun set in five seconds. I wolfed down my dinner within a few minutes and I already found myself changing into a pair of skinny and a long sleeved wool shirt. I pull on a pair of leather boots Esme got for me for my sixteenth birthday. They still fit me well. I zip the long boots up and pulling a scarf around my neck, I nudge Draco by the arm and taking his hand, we apparate to a piece of land a mile from The Burrow. We had to walk over to the hideout lest the Order hear us apparate into their little hideout that wasn't very hidden. It wasn't long until we see a tall, crooked building in the distance. It was already nightfall and a warm orange glow came from its small windows as people walked to and fro the little glass frames. "Can we go closer?" I ask, a tinge of hope in my voice.