Chapter 20: The Mission.

I look back up at Snape who had sorrow surfacing in his eyes and I get up from my seat.

"I'll never leave Draco," I tell him before sliding the stool back under the table. "Alohamora," I unlock the door and I step out of it.

Pushing Snape's memory away to the back of my head, I run up the insane number of stairs and push the door open, panting. Instantly, the eyes of Narcissa and Gibbet turn to me. Narcissa was leaning over Draco who was still asleep. Colour seems to have returned to his face. His cheeks had an adorable blush and his lips were pink.

"He looks better," I comment, looking to Narcissa.

"Yes," she looks at me then looks back to Draco.

I walk over to my side of the bed and crawl over to sit beside Draco on the bed. His hair was falling over his face and I gently push his hair away from his face and I look at him. When I was about to tell Gibbet to bring me a towel to wipe his face for it was a little sticky from the sweat, his eyes flickered open.

His pretty grey eyes look into mine as he yawns. I smile as this was the first time we saw each other since the ceremony. Suddenly, he grabs my neck that was leaning over and presses my lips against his.

His hands then move down to my cheek where they gently caress it. His lips had a sort of roughness to it, but he was gentle. When I was about to take his face in my hands, Narcissa coughs a bit. 

"Sorry," Draco releases me from the kiss and looks up to his mother beside him. 

"How are you feeling?" she asks him, handing him a glass of water. He grabs the glass and immediately gulps it down. 

"Better," he tells his mother, getting up from the bed. "I'm going to change," he walks over to the closet and pulls out a fresh set of clothes. He then walks over to the bathroom where he changes. 

Narcissa and Gibbet say nothing as we wait for Draco to finish changing and exit the bathroom. When Narcissa sees Draco exit the bathroom, she starts speaking. 

"Draco, Rachel, come sit here," she gestures for us to sit on the bed beside her. "There's something your father wants me to inform you."

"What is it?" I ask her curiously. 

"Now that the both of you are... well, Death Eaters... You must know that the Dark Lord summons his followers by creating a searing pain in your mark. Once you feel the pain and know that he wants to summon you, you have to apparate to his side," Narcissa informs us. "I trust that you both know how to apparate without splinching?" she asks the both of us. We've had a perfect score in apparating, there's no question. Only Draco and I aced apparation in the whole school.

"Yes, Rachel and I do know how to apparate," Draco tells his mother matter-of-factly. Narcissa just nods in understanding. With that, she leaves the room, asking Gibbet to follow behind her so it was only Draco and I in the room.

When the click of the door sounded, meaning Narcissa officially left the room, Draco turns his head to look at me. His sparkling grey eyes bore into mine the way it did the first time up in the Astronomy Tower where we had our first kiss. My heart was soaring that night and knowing that it's been four years since then made me feel so comforted. Since the day Draco and I confessed our love to each other, I never thought of my parents and how much they hated me. It was like Draco took all the pain away. He was the one who brought all the love and joy in my life since third year. It was like he was one who filled the hole in my heart. 

"I love you," he tells me, bringing me back to reality. 

"I love you too," I tell him, looking deep into his grey eyes.

He was about to lean in to kiss me again, but a searing pain started on my left forearm. I grip it in pain and I wince. He does the same. Suddenly, I recall what Narcissa told the both of us before. Thinking the same thing, we look up at each other in realisation. Another visit to the Dark Lord. I take his hand and we apparate out of the room. We come to a dark room, in Borgin and Burke's. It had a musky smell and very dusty. I wrinkle my nose as the overwhelming smell overcame my whole being. 

This was no ordinary meeting with You-Know-Who. None of the other death eaters were here, only Draco and I were in the small room. We awaited for the Dark Lord's arrival but he arrives soon after we did. He had an air of pride as he circled around Draco and I, scanning the both of us from head to toe. It was just the three of us here, this must've been a secret meeting or something for it to only involve Draco and I, and not Narcissa. Suddenly, he begins to speak. 

"I have summoned the both of you here in secrecy. No one can know of this meeting, do you both understand?" he sneers at the both of us. 

"Yes, my Lord," Draco and I answer simultaneously, our heads bowed down. 

"I have a... mission for the both of you to complete for me. I want the both of you, to assassinate Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," he sneers into our ears, emphasizing on Dumbledore's name. A shiver ran down my spine. We have to assassinate our Headmaster? What were the odds of that happening?! 

"Yes, my Lord," I say nevertheless, and so did Draco. 

"Very well," You-Know-Who says and apparates out of sight, his snake follows with him. 

When I hear the woosh sound, my head snaps up and I look to Draco. My face was running pale and my hands were getting cold. Draco's face seemed to reflect the emotions on mine. Exactly how were we expected to do this alone? And having keeping this secret from the other, more experienced death eaters?

It was a good thing, though, how Snape taught us how to use Legilimency and Occlumency and duelling. Bellatrix also taught the both of us how to use non-verbal spells, something that was hard to learn but very beneficial. I guess with these skills, it won't be hard to assassinate him?

A/N: This chapter may be a little weird, but I hope you liked it. Please comment and vote! I'll be adding more POVs when the whole story is complete. Thank you! x